• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Pixel Art - Desk

Serideth

Right this is part one in a two part guide to make a desk with a PC on it.

This is a pretty nice desk and simple enough to do. Desks are important as if you are making a room you can find any excuse to put one in and dump stuff on them, so here we go.

We start off by drawing standard lines parallel to each other, this is going to be the front of the desk, so depending how long you make these your desk will be longer or shorter.

It should look something like this:
18997005vo6.jpg

Right next up we're adding the "legs" although they're not your standard legs you would find on a chair, this can be a bit tricky to get the angles right as both of them are different, it all boils down to perception, if you don't understand it scroll down to the bottom of the guide to get a better idea why they're there, the shape the desk well, it's all simple lines so nothing too tricky, also feel free to experiment by making them wider or longer.

Should look like this:
23939783nk8.jpg

The next two steps are really easy, we're just using the standard line technique to shape the top of the desk, this part is pretty cool as you (yes you) get complete freedom to decide how big you want your table to be (you could make it go far back and later colour it in white and blue to make it look like a glass coffee table?) anyway I'm keeping this to a desk type shape so it should look like this.

37072402rw0.jpg

Once again like the last step we're just shaping the desk, for this step you're just squaring it off, piece of chocolate cake or what?

42915774wk9.jpg

And now that the desk has taken shape, we just need to draw the side facing us, simple standard lines once again, however there is something to note here in step two, we added the "legs", the one on the left (our left) looked wrong, so I slimmed it down a bit, as you can see the blue line has been moved to the right (our right) by one pixel, this was my choice, decide for yourself what you think looks better. ;)

97280895bk0.jpg

All you have to do then is colour it in, use darker shades for the sides, a lighter shade for the front, and the lightest shade for the top, and ta-da, you have your desk!

86481486eq9.jpg

But of course I wouldn't leave you with something as boring as a desk, try adding things onto it and building it up:

42910914hv1.png