• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[Pixel Guide] Easy building.

Serideth

Okay, nothing too hard, but I though a few people might like to see how lines work in this simple but kinda cool thing. This is pretty much the most basic tutorial I did.

First things first, how to draw the lines. The whole image is made up of lines done like this:
the_isometric_line.gif

Start off with drawing 4 lines using the two pixels across, then one down and put the lines together to create something like this:

107rqz4.png

Do the same again and line it up behind your original rectangle and delete the lines that you shouldn't see, and make it look like a cube:

24dmvbd.png

Next step is simple, colour that in but remember, use different shades to show some source of light:

2edp2xi.png

One that's done make a simple window using the old line trick and add them where you want them:

wa1wqp.png

Once again, draw the same lines up at the top to make it look a bit more 3D, and fill it in with another shade of blue or something:

11glvh0.png

Then for a door, you make pretty much another 3D block, but a lot smaller and add it on:

azj4m8.png

And then another block to add some more shape and a few more windows and all. And there you go, a simple yet effective pixel house:

hvxj82.png

BlackBurd

Original Gangstuh
nice tutorial.

reminds me of habbo.

Freshmilk

is Over 9000
Seriously, good effort. I always think its kind when people make tutorials, because in some cases, I know that I could too, but I just can't be bothered too. Its think its really good that you've got the motivation to want to help others out. Good work, Dude. :tup:

Serideth

Thanks guys, it's a fairly old one I forgot about but I hope it will help someone out.

I'm making a few more as well as we speak. :)