• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Playstation 4? by gadget show

Nero

Mmmm...cookies
"The PS3's only just taking off but there could soon seen be a new PlayStation in store

The PlayStation 3

Moose

Meta Moose
Well, I don't doubt that there will be a PS4... but I don't think this is a valid/legit news story.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
What a poorly written article you just pasted. I'd bet a good sum of money on seeing a new Xbox console before anything released by Sony since there are already rumors of it being in development. With that being said, the statement of Nintendo and Microsoft having their hands forced by a new Sony console seem completely untrue.

Nero

Mmmm...cookies
Moose said:
Well, I don't doubt that there will be a PS4... but I don't think this is a valid/legit news story.

Yeah my friend keeps saying that its going to be out in 2011 and he's all happy for some reason lol

Hardrive

Contributor
I doubt it's coming out in 2011. Sony has been saying how the PS3 is going to last a long time before we see the next console revision.

I don't think they've sold near the number of PS3s to justify a new hardware revision either...

I call BS.

Nero

Mmmm...cookies
Hardrive said:
I doubt it's coming out in 2011. Sony has been saying how the PS3 is going to last a long time before we see the next console revision.

I don't think they've sold near the number of PS3s to justify a new hardware revision either...

I call BS.

Agreed, they said it was meant to last 10 years. They've probably started to think about future plans but that release date is too early, they have more important stuff to worry about like how to improve firmwares and the psn.

twelve

I'm not dead
"There’s also speculation that the PS4 will be powered by a hefty Cell processor twice the size of the PS3 and that it’ll use solid state drive tech for faster load times and grabbing full games from the web."

That's the most doubtful statement. The slow load times on PS3 are due to the bluray drive not the hard drive. I've read a feature on someone installing a SSD in the PS3 and seeing minimal increases in load times. The big difference came in booting to the XMB.

Regardless the entire article is bollocks. The Gadget Show just lost a viewer.

Colm

Agreed, they said it was meant to last 10 years.
All Sony consoles were meant to have a ten-year plan. They said that about the PS2 as well. And considering the PS2 is still getting releases, you have to believe it.

Vee

Though, that 10 year statement is a bit misleading. Yes, the console will have games coming out in 10 years time for it, but will it be the console that getting all the AAA games? I'm sure it'll just be like PS2, it gets shit games whilst PS3 gets the good ones.

xist

And if you trace that article right back to it's Japanese source i don't think you'll find much definitive evidence of a 2011 release date. Development of a PS4 under way? Certainly! Plans for a release in the next couple of years? No chance!

pcstalljr

teen! hide your daughters
well as stated above me. playstation has a ten year per console plan. haha it doesnt seem to be going like that for the PSP systems. how ever, i dont think that this is accurate. the main problem is that the hardware today may not be what it is then. it may be only 2 years away but thats alot of possible hardware advances.

xist

how ever, i dont think that this is accurate. the main problem is that the hardware today may not be what it is then. it may be only 2 years away but thats alot of possible hardware advances.

That's completely flawed logic as this is always the case with technology...there's never a moment when things are static. The PS4 is undoubtedly in it's development stages, but that two year deadline is fictional based on nothing more than the Sony Plan for the PS3 lifespan.

pcstalljr

teen! hide your daughters
That's completely flawed logic as this is always the case with technology...there's never a moment when things are static. The PS4 is undoubtedly in it's development stages, but that two year deadline is fictional based on nothing more than the Sony Plan for the PS3 lifespan.

i never said that it was static. i was saying between now and when it might be released that there may be some more advances, and sorry if my english is bad. once again i have misspoke. i ment to say thay they might have ten year plan, but thats because thats what it seems like.

Concerning PS4, It might be even released due to the fact that the PS3 itself is not doing that well, and that s0nY keeps losing money for every PS3 console. With tose losses, s0nY will just avoid the PS4 and end it with PS3. This is just views though, dunno if it is actually what s0nY has in mind.

Bill

Concerning PS4, It might be even released due to the fact that the PS3 itself is not doing that well, and that s0nY keeps losing money for every PS3 console. With tose losses, s0nY will just avoid the PS4 and end it with PS3. This is just views though, dunno if it is actually what s0nY has in mind.

Loosing money for every console?
Statistical source please?
Just because they don't have a huge amount of sales doesn't mean they haven't broken even. They've made atleast SOME money off the console, even if it's not alot.