• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP please, i really need some help.

pads61

my brother recently upgrade my psp from 5.00 m33-4 to OFW 5.50; and now i cant play iso / cso with my psp, i have searched in some forums, and havent found the answer. what should i do, so i could play iso / cso again? i dont have pandora battery / mms.

please help. thanks.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
my brother recently upgrade my psp from 5.00 m33-4 to OFW 5.50; and now i cant play iso / cso with my psp, i have searched in some forums, and havent found the answer. what should i do, so i could play iso / cso again? i dont have pandora battery / mms.

please help. thanks.

Any UMDs that worked under 5.00 should be perfectly fine under 5.50. It's an inconvenience but you could just play them off the UMDs.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
Any UMDs that worked under 5.00 should be perfectly fine under 5.50. It's an inconvenience but you could just play them off the UMDs.
i love your faith in this person's legitimacy.=-)
anywho, i'm sure what he's looking for his TN's 6.20 HEN+Prometheus=-(, i think the latest ofw's have been hacked, but the last cfw i went upto was TN's, so i'm not sure about all the capabilty's of the cfw's past 6.20

phoenixv5

Try CFW 6.20 pro-b4.
AFAIK it's working fine (on PSPGo).

DISCLAIMER: Playing isos/csos is illegal.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Try CFW 6.20 pro-b4.
AFAIK it's working fine (on PSPGo).

DISCLAIMER: Playing isos/csos is illegal.

If they're backups of UMDs then they're fine (in most cases, this varies by country to country).

ultimakillz

Teh Fett Mawn
i think the latest ofw's have been hacked, but the last cfw i went upto was TN's, so i'm not sure about all the capabilty's of the cfw's past 6.20
anything with ofw 6.36 or below can be downgraded to ofw 6.20, and the latest cfw for all motherboards is 6.35 pro. there is a 6.38 me cfw, but its only for ta-088v2 or less motherboards and it requires a hen to be installed, so it must be installed from ofw 6.36 or below :\.

so basically everything except 6.37 & 6.38 can run some sort of hen/cfw.

phoenixv5

If they're backups of UMDs then they're fine (in most cases, this varies by country to country).

They are? Really?
So if you own a disk, you're allowed to make isos of it and play with that?
Guess that makes my FFXIV backup legal!

MenaceInc

Staff Member
They are? Really?
So if you own a disk, you're allowed to make isos of it and play with that?
Guess that makes my FFXIV backup legal!

In a number of countries, it is legal to make backup copies of any media you own including CDs, DVDs and other discs. Not entirely sure which countries do allow personal backups however I know the UK do not. At least for CDs. I'd imagine that all disc-based media wouldn't be allowed here. It has never been enforced though as far as I know.

ultimakillz

Teh Fett Mawn
yes, while the true legality depends on where you live, playing backups of games you own is generally accepted within the hacking community in general. its playing backups you dont own that is not accepted, neither by the law nor many hacking comminities.