• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

POPS Compatibility List

o2byzst

A working Brave Fencer Musashi

It's been my goal to get this one working. I'm running a FAT PSP using cfw 3.80 M33-5 and using a clean rip from the original Musashi disc. If you use the Game ID, SLPS01222 and then use POPS to choose version 3.40 the game plays perfectly! Finally one of the best PS1 games is playable on a portable basis.

Once i've completed the entire game I'll post that it works 100% but up to this point I've had zero problems.

I did have issues with Legend of Legaia. Has anyone else had the game freeze on the training battle on the beach with the monk? I'm using POPS 3.10 and it locks every time.

jk23no

Hi guys, I'm having problems with Xenogears. I got it from torrent downloading. Anyway, in the very first battle sequence right after the intro, as the screen breaks to fight mode, the game hangs (i know it due to the music hang). anybody experiences this? i just bought my psp a month ago so ive yet to learn, pls teach me anything or provide links of the threads i should read. thanks much!

o2byzst

Okay JK,

We need basics to help. First, what firmware are you using? Second, have you converted the torrent download into an EBOOT? If so, what software process did you use?

Richlando

Xenogears hangs at any battle scene in firmware 390 pops,use 371.(via popsloader)
And there was NO need to talk about where or how you got it...

Recin

Dragon Warrior VII[NTSC]: Tested with cfw 3.90-M33 on pops 3.4 with a fat 1001 psp. Works perfectly, game played through fully.

Final Fantasy VII[NTSC]: Tested with cfw 3.90-M33 on pops 3.4 with a fat 1001 psp. Works good. A few minor random sound glitches here and there, and a fps decrease after the battle "spin effect" that lasts for 1-2 seconds. Still, very playable, and after time the glitches are barely noticeable, the sound problem is not very common. Note: I have not completed the game yet, so this test is not technically done.

the FFVII was posted because I only saw the [PAL] version in the list.

Seraph

Can Somebody test if Techu 1 and Techu 2 works?

i tried Techu 2 in POPS 3.71 but not working >.<

D.jfx

ShadowHaxor Member

eggselle

[Final Fantasy 8 NTSC] Works fine, but crashes when you use a spell

Tested with 3.03 POPS

it's been more than a year now.. has anyone successfully played FF8 without crashing?

i've been dying to play this on the PSP..

ive tried cfw 3.71 pops 3.40 and it was crashing everytime...

has anyone tried newer pops? thanks

Doubleagent74

it's been more than a year now.. has anyone successfully played FF8 without crashing?

i've been dying to play this on the PSP..

ive tried cfw 3.71 pops 3.40 and it was crashing everytime...

has anyone tried newer pops? thanks

Unfortunately, not me. I've tried every POPS since 3.03 and it still crashes in combat whenever anyone casts a spell.

sin_of_envy

MenaceInc, maybe you could put like a section of what games don't work as well? And like why? Maybe that way we can work towards fixing that?
If I don't find a game in this list I usually get confused whether it didn't work or no one tested it.

Also, I've tried Lunar 2 Eternal Blue Complete and it works perfectly so far, have no idea if the disc change will work or not though haven't gotten to one yet.

Crash Team Racing works fine.

Digimon World 2003 works fine.

I've also tried Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver but it crashes when the cutscene with the Sluagh ends (the cutscene just never ends). Anyone ever get over this problem?

slingking

Legacy of Kain - Soul Reaver (E) [SLES-01301] this title loads perfect but stalls at start when it says it is checking memory card. Total bummer very good game. Will list other games that play perfectly later.

slingking

I heard of an SE plugin called "popsloader" it works like a sort of downgrader like hellcats. But instead of flashing your system to a previous version that helps certain PSX games function with almost no freezes, this program uses prx and plugins to do the same thing. This has worked very well for some beloved favorites that I hadn't been able to play because of various freezes or crashes. It will take a while to find but is worth the effort as it works well, look for a version that has already been compiled unless you enjoy that sort of nerdery. Good gaming to all, soon your favorites will be playable

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

Such a lame ass I should have put this up with the last post but here it is - " How to get Popsloader to Work on 5.00M33-X and 5.50GEN-X Tutorial by wiltshire12345 ." This guy has it compiled and ready to rock also his Tuts are nearly noob proof