• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Post your internet speed

Sullivan

Thats a great speed Abe, what do you pay for?

My best speed:

366298704.png

Sullivan

University, wow! My school has close to that, Ill try to get a test if I can.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious

I was supposed to switch to Teksavvy last month, but since there are no more DSLAM slots I had to stay with Bell. Fortunately, since I've gone over the max cap every month for the past 9 months I was able to upgrade to their 10Mb connection at no cost. The great part is that I got credit back for every month I went over so it was completely free.

Vee

Is this any good?

I'm planning to change to a better ISP. I've had a lot of problems with Orange, my service has been cut off quite a few times and recently, my internet just becomes unusably slow. I'm not sure what the heck it is because speed tests and downloads all say its the same speed as usual. But when loading up pages, it can take forever and sometimes it doesn't even load them up with images. Can anyone recommend an ISP in the UK? I'm looking at Be, O2 and Virgin Media right now. What the best one? Fastest speeds? Cheapest and reliability?

JaX3RiR

Holy mother of Jesus!

The speed I pay for is 512/512 kbps, but lately I've been getting some "spikes" in the download speed. For example, if a file is downloading at a steady 55 kB/s, it might suddenly jump to a little over 100 kB/s for a few minutes and then slowly revert back to 55 kB/s.

This is what I got a few weeks ago:
363847550.png

And this is what I got a few minutes ago:
372449675.png

The server, located in Tallinn isn't the closest one to me either -- but the one located in Helsinki just doesn't respond at all usually.

EDIT: Oh my god! I just tried it again... and:
372452420.png

Something's seriously fucked up on their side :D
I get three times what I pay for right now, wtf?!

Holy mother of Jesus!

The speed I pay for is 512/512 kbps, but lately I've been getting some "spikes" in the download speed. For example, if a file is downloading at a steady 55 kB/s, it might suddenly jump to a little over 100 kB/s for a few minutes and then slowly revert back to 55 kB/s.

Yeah, I get that too sometimes. But I usually get them in downloads, and only last for a few seconds. I once got 1MiB/s for about 5 seconds in a download.

Tooplex

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"