• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Post your internet speed

Tooplex

your download speed slower than your upload speed.

BTW: is mine the fastest?

And yours does not count either. UKERNA (JANET) is the internet service schools/colleges use. Your clearly speed testing your schools network not your own, it doesnt count.

And on that note Frozen Ipaqs doesnt count either. As its his universities internet NOT HIS OWN. Seems the fastest would be "hippie" on the 2nd page so far.

Nero

Mmmm...cookies
Home:
381931641.png

eldiablov

Contributor

I pay for an 8 meg connection so im happy. This test was taken while my brother was on counter strike source too (if it makes any difference)

This is with O2 btw.

twelve

I'm not dead

BT definitely love you Nero, except your up speed is attrocious.

I checked my router and it says this:
DownStream Connection Speed 4800 kbps
UpStream Connection Speed 448 kbps

So I'm not too bothered.

Slasher

Suck It

For some reason this site thinks that my IP is somewhere up in the Canadian Arctic :bored: So it tells me that my recommended server is in Manitoba or something. I tried both that recommended server and a server that is actually near where I'm located and they both got pretty much the same stats.

As you can see my University internet sucks... you'd think that after the millions of dollars this place makes they'd be able to at the very least have good internet available for all.

Sullivan

Thats with several people on our home network, when I am the only one on, I easily get 11+ MB.

Greyone

Funny Little Green Ghouls

upgraded to 10mb for only a couple bucks more than 5mb. I'm pretty happy with charter, but there seem to be a lot of outages in our area. I found out today that they are giving us a free upgrade to hd cable, so that makes me a little happier.

Sullivan

Thats what my grandparents have, charter, they throttle there bandwidth like crazy though.