• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Post your internet speed

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I don't expect this to last:

That's our current hotel room connection for E3 which is great for being free. Although it's still early in the week and there are a ton of people still yet to check in

Hopefully it holds up :p Internet at the hotel I stayed at last year was a disaster, slow and could only connect at the lobby.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Hopefully it holds up :p Internet at the hotel I stayed at last year was a disaster, slow and could only connect at the lobby.

Last year it was very shotty for me in this same hotel where I ended up using my phone for internet. I'm crossing my fingers this year. Either way it will be a nice upgrade from your hotel last year

EDIT: Well there it goes...back to being a crappy connection. Was working perfectly fine and then just crapped out on me. Think I'll be using my phone's connection again this year if it keeps up

MenaceInc

Staff Member
LOL FUCKING WUT

1491188885.png

In halls residence now in the centre of London, that was the shared net connection over wifi (802.11n). It is the open one though so maybe when I get my login details on Thursday, there'll be a difference on the other network SSID here.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
1503438920.png

This is on the proper SSID and at half 9 at night. It's been shit for quite a bit of the night but seems good now. Would much rather an ethernet connection though.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
1653840884.png

Much better now that half of the residence has buggered off back home.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
At my internship:

1732229027.png

Connection performs a lot better than what it seems like (feels a lot slower)

MenaceInc

Staff Member
My connection always makes me laugh... It's so much better on-campus though so I'll try that next time I'm at a lab practical or something.

1732259491.png

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
My connection always makes me laugh... It's so much better on-campus though so I'll try that next time I'm at a lab practical or something.

1732259491.png

A better upload than download? Now that's unusual. Makes sense if you're at a location in which they upload a lot of material (content creators)

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Looks like Verizon is testing out 4G LTE in my area now. Nice to have a phone that is capable now (and will actually be useful if I go to E3 ever again).

d82c9525a6ac3ceec95b829830e2760af2453975.png

MenaceInc

Staff Member
New house :D

2026772119.png

Crazy thing is that we'll be switching ISP and hopefully be getting 100Mbps. Will post again after that's happened.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
New house :D

2026772119.png

Crazy thing is that we'll be switching ISP and hopefully be getting 100Mbps. Will post again after that's happened.

Dayum, nice. Wish I had faster upload - still stuck with 1.5Mb/s here.