• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Post your internet speed

Muratcan

I pay for 8 megabit (1 megabyte). What I actually get is 6 megabits (780 kilobytes). Upload is a measly 380 kilobits (45 kilobytes).

I recently did a neat little trick to speed up my connection. Unscrew your master phone socket and disconnect the orange wire (ring wire). It is only needed for old phones. Doing this may speed up your internet. Before I did this trick I was getting 425 kilobytes and now I get 780 kilobytes.

For more information on the ring wire hack:
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/faq/sections/radsl.html#235

Muratcan

Hardly said:
I'm on 10Mb with Virgin Media, always getting top speeds which is a good thing. But for some reason speed tests don't work, they always come out with around half a meg =/

I think the best way to test your internet speed is to get a download manager (I use IDM- www.internetdownloadmanager.com) and download something from a site with good servers.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
We pay Virgin Media for 20Mb, but it varies like mad. Sometimes it's full speed, sometimes it's under half. Right now, it's under half :( :

But this is what I get most of the time:

Seth

MD Party Room

-chw42-

Like a Boss
My internet blows.

homaki

That's what they call "high speed"? Sucks...

I have 10mbit down and 100kb/s up. I would do a speed test but my WLAN card caps the bandwidth because its freaking ancient.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious

I'll being changing ISP's next month (for the worse unfortunately)

But I've always wondered how do you guys get 10k+ kb/s speeds.
I don't know a single ISP in Canada that will give you more than 8k.

Muratcan

My schools internet is a solid 1 megabyte. Very sweet indeed. It just becomes too easy to acquire stuff at those speeds. Not a challenge like the days of 56k! lol.