• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Post Your Screenshots! *56k Warning*

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
Sounds awesome. It's great to hear about the min framerates. Because a lot of times that can matter more than Avg's.

And I agree about the pricing. If this was like a 700-800$ card it would be a steal(What's worse is that it's going for almost 1300 USD$ on Amazon right now. Yuck). I don't know why nvidia has to charge so much for it. Maybe it really costs a ton to make? Or maybe they just want high profit margins.

If you ever get around to trying to OC it, follow up. I'd love to see how the thing does even though it only has like a 106% Power target limit or something. (Wish they'd just go back to fixed target card clocks and overclocking. GPU Boost i'm not a fan of.; Plus I think it causes idle clock issues with emulators like Dolphin. Which can be a big problem)

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

My GPU can barely handle Metro 2033 at 1600x900 at 30FPS maxed (w/DOF disabled I think. Can't remember) not a stable 30 either.

Same thing with Crysis 2 after patch 1.9 that added DX11 (+ Maldo 3.0 at the time).
That patch killed performance for some reason with my setup.

Trigun

Been playing a bit with Both Sonic All Stars racing games.

Such good racers. And they both look amazing.

The first one 3200x1800 + 4xMSAA+2xTrSSAA
iHwJP7gaDJ7zk.png

For some reason like this it looks even sharper than with no AA
i1gscwytWwQrA.png

Normally it's the other way around.

Links if you just want to compare them 1:1 with ease
NoAA: https://i.minus.com/i1gscwytWwQrA.png
OGSSAA+: https://i.minus.com/iHwJP7gaDJ7zk.png

Some Sonic Generations Shots:

2x2 OGSSAA (3200x1800)+ in-Game FXAA 30FPS Solid

iTI4xxu5SJCwD.png

iIQOfxFocLaAI.png

i1JwaK6FbcEqN.png

iUHKNeg8efe39.png

iWnr4nHRZPHzh.png

iEXHdm83OYxuJ.png

Looks borderline CG like this.

I'm having trouble deciding whether to play it at this resolution with 30FPS or at 2560x1440 with an Avg of 45-60.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Sonic All Stars Racing looks great, and yeah the details in the distance look a lot sharper in the second pic. Been wanting to get it for awhile and just noticed GMG has it for $12 right now, bought :)

As for Sonic Generations it's one of those games where I prefer a higher frame rate above anything else, though it does look beautiful with the AA cranked. Wonder if my Titan can manage 60 at 2xSSAA... will have to try later.

Trigun

Oh that's actually the first All Stars Racing game Xp
(And Sonic Generations. I'll probably play it at 1440p. Since it still looks pretty amazing like that. The game only has FXAA, but once you combine that with OGSSAA/SSAA it work wonders.;Though it doesn't get everything. Such as rare specular/shader aliasing;
I Highly doubt the Titan WON'T be able to do whatever you want it to for this game hah. I've got a GTX 460 and performance is very good. Which is a much much much weaker card than the Titan.)

I got the 2nd one the other day for 9$ with the gamersgate 4-pack +a 20% discount.(Had 3 friends pitch in and we each got one for 9$)
There are some people over on the CheapAssGamer forums still looking to get in on 4 pack deals for the game(Need someone with the 20% compensation discount though to get it to 9$) before the weekend is over if you are interested!

The 2nd game is VERY difficult to AA well.

I was up half the night last night trying to find a good method that could still give me 60FPS.
The game has a lot of specular/shader/temporal aliasing(Latter: Shimmering/Pixel crawl)

Here's my post on Guru3D about trying to AA Sonic All Stars Transformed

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4547832&postcount=941

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
The Witcher 2 2560x1600 downsampled to 1200p with SMAA Ultra

j6m.png

i6m.png

Trigun

Of course it looks amazing. But doesn't the game have built in AA? Or only that "Ubersampling" that was like downsampling/OGSSAA? (Which would be why you'd use SMAA instead. AA can't be forced without issues/blurring AFIK either)

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Of course it looks amazing. But doesn't the game have built in AA? Or only that "Ubersampling" that was like downsampling/OGSSAA? (Which would be why you'd use SMAA instead. AA can't be forced without issues/blurring AFIK either)

It has built-in 4xMSAA and the Ubersampling is just 2xSSAA (still too demanding in this game even for the Titan, though it would be fine at 1080p). However, with MSAA there's still a lot of jaggies, so SMAA is the way to go IMO.

Trigun

Why not MSAA and then SMAA on top?

Too much performance hit?

I only even suggest it because SMAA 1x just doesn't have the power to keep a temporally stable image by itself even though it does a decent job at AA'ing.

You may want to try that and see how the IQ is. Might be the best of both worlds.

I do it in some games and it's glorious. Like Resident Evil 5, MSAA+TrSSAA+SMAA+OGSSAA looks absolutely wonderful. But of course it always depends on the game.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Oh that would be doable, I'll give it a try.

Edit: yeah, 4xMSAA + 1xSMAA seems a better combo.

y6m.png

Trigun

Sure. Let me know if you see any IQ difference. If you can't really notice then I'd say don't worry about it.

But for shits and giggles. I've been trying to figure out how to AA Earth Defense Force Insect Armageddon> The game is one of those with immense aliasing issues.

Not even SGSSAA can completely conquer it. (And the game disables built-in Ambient occlusion, beyond 2k resolution as stated below and anything above 1440p causes rendering errors. So downsampling is out of the question without compromise)

So I got creative.

AA Flag: 0x00001045

No AA https://i.minus.com/inqDuic7htS56.png

4xSGSSAA https://i.minus.com/iDqIAe0Kthj1D.png

4xSGSSAA +In-Game FXAA+ Sweet Fx (With a little Luma Sharpen to counteract the blur of FXAA from this game's implementation of it)
https://i.minus.com/ib2JNIKMmskTXr.png

4xMSAA+2xSGSSAA @1440p OGSSAA to 1080p + Driver FXAA +Sweet FX (w/Sharpen)
https://i.minus.com/iw8P7ZrdHorxz.png
(if you also notice. The game seems to strangely disable Ambient Occlusion beyond 2k resolution. 2048x1152)

My finally solution was to replace the in-game FXAA and use Driver FXAA instead. It works much better at getting what aliasing is left over. It's still not a perfectly temporally stable image(Which is the game's fault). But it still looks pretty damn great in motion.

SMAA works only OK in this game, performance hit can be too much though. It can take anywhere from 10%-25+% GPU usage to enable it. Versus ~5-10% for FXAA

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
BioShock Infinite

Lan.jpg

Man.jpg

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Well that's pretty funny. I saw you playing earlier and then noticed you got off (unusual since it wasn't too long). I thought you were probably uploading screenshots...and low and behold! Screenshots!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Well that's pretty funny. I saw you playing earlier and then noticed you got off (unusual since it wasn't too long). I thought you were probably uploading screenshots...and low and behold! Screenshots!

Yeah haha, had to update drivers too, latest ones give a 40% boost in BioShock.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
BioShock Infinite

Aqn.jpg

Bqn.jpg

Dqn.jpg

9qn.jpg

Cqn.jpg

Trigun

Downsampling? Looks pretty damn amazing. (Though you can see edges here and there that would definitely benefit from some kind of hardware AA)

Have you tried injecting SMAA on-top of the downsampling? It may do a better job than FXAA in a game like this. (Since the game is DX11 and I don't have it to test to see if you can force better AA than just in-game FXAA)

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Downsampling? Looks pretty damn amazing. (Though you can see edges here and there that would definitely benefit from some kind of hardware AA)

Have you tried injecting SMAA on-top of the downsampling? It may do a better job than FXAA in a game like this. (Since the game is DX11 and I don't have it to test to see if you can force better AA than just in-game FXAA)

Yeah, downsampled from 1600p. I will try SMAA next time I play, right now just using the in-game AA setting which is FXAA. Haven't checked yet if there's an NV inspector profile out for forcing MSAA (there probably is by now). But yeah, the art is amazing, wish more games had attention to detail like this. I like how DoF is used as well.

Trigun

The game is DX11, so having a bit for forcing AA is somewhat unlikely. Not many do. But DMC4 for example, it's DX10 AA flag is mistakenly still in the DX9 field. So if you paste that into the D1X field it will work for AA in that game. To get AA working a lot of trial and error testing would have to be done.

If you can though, maybe try this bit in the D1X field for SGSSAA and OGSSAA(XxX modes).
0x004812C5 (This is just as an example. It may work, this flag usually works to force the two modes above in deferred rendering games.)

For more flags to test, you can use the ones in the driver (In inspector) or stuff from
http://www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=490867
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=357956

I would test myself to figure out(Which is something I frequently do. I tested every single bit in the driver for MSAA/SGSSAA/OGSSAA for RE6 but couldn't find one without graphical errors. Tested several custom bits as well. To no avail), but I don't own the game :(

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Well, I would try it but ended up selling the Titan yesterday and went back to a 7970. It was the best card I've ever owned but decided I don't need the power THAT bad... Plus, prices may drop soon with AMD releasing the 7990 (dual GPU yes, but it should bring down the price of the GTX690 and if they leave the Titan still at $1k it'll look even more silly).

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Interesting slide from Crytek's GDC presentation, they expect GPU performance to hit 16 TFLOPS over the next two years. Titan is at 4.5 for comparison. That's a massive leap :eek:

crydgc2m3u3f.jpg