• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Post Your Screenshots! *56k Warning*

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
More Max Payne 3:

8cebd701e6d6929967e43d72b545350005073a3c.jpg

be7d45cf12fb86c0778f3a1b4aea896bb88e026c.jpg

El Diablo

My rig isn't even terribly far off from yours but I can't imagine running a game at that high of a resolution lol. Your games must look amazing in person on your actual monitor.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Max Payne 3

7e4c2ef77feaa8fdb88c9e530b363a5cb146d3aa.jpg

e230c50b59744888bd4f788c33cffe0493f9767b.jpg

c43f3852dae08950e9940b6e2f77a1f43313aae0.jpg

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
i rather hope the first picture's guy on the left just has his legs turned back, otherwise....ur a monster x3!....

El Diablo

My friend has been playing Max Payne 3 on a GTS 450 and Phenom 9850 at dx11 maxed out aside from AA and all those other little things and the game has been running amazing, don't think he's ever dropped below 50 frames. I'm really amazed at how good of a job they did at making the game look amazing while still optimizing the game and having it run well too.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
My friend has been playing Max Payne 3 on a GTS 450 and Phenom 9850 at dx11 maxed out aside from AA and all those other little things and the game has been running amazing, don't think he's ever dropped below 50 frames. I'm really amazed at how good of a job they did at making the game look amazing while still optimizing the game and having it run well too.

Yep. Really excited for GTA V now, Rockstar's engine has come a long way.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Sleeping Dogs

64f594d6165eebbdfbc7a1f76c6ea4e593582832.jpg

785a3675f026d317376588bc215a331293305525.jpg

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
God...wish I had a GPU that could match yours.

How is Sleeping Dogs by the way? Really looking to pick it up but I have a limited budget this fall so not sure if it is worth the price or not (looks like a lot of fun).

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
God...wish I had a GPU that could match yours.

How is Sleeping Dogs by the way? Really looking to pick it up but I have a limited budget this fall so not sure if it is worth the price or not (looks like a lot of fun).

It's very fun. I just played for like 5 hours straight. Good variety of missions and the combat is inspired by the Batman games. The attention to detail is pretty amazing for an open-world game too. I'm really impressed. Also if you didn't like the car handling in GTA IV you'll probably like this, it has more of an arcade feel.

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
God damn that looks great.

Greed-Black Border was free on GMG today so I got it.

The character models for the main characters aren't perfect. But everything else looks pretty damn amazing to me. The music is wonderful too.

1440p Downsampled (no AA) to 1600x900
ibqEMlQKKYw2Po.png

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Sleeping Dogs

0e80bf7783e00858f6e77e1e8fa75abd2c9574a6.jpg

f98937877e0160f96ff119f2c5ff279a58cee0df.jpg

1416ae054606eb9be8fa0d7696a4ddff667a3601.jpg

1f9f252acc82e048e455bc920182348e1abb0f3b.jpg

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
How can they say they gave PC the attention it needs when all the UI elements are low res and blurry ? :(

Game still looks pretty amazing though.

They updated the UI elements in the HD Texture Pack. The UI is fine though, doesn't seem low-res to me

Trigun

They updated the UI elements in the HD Texture Pack. The UI is fine though, doesn't seem low-res to me
Well if it was native 1080p res. The edges would be pixel fine sharp. Not blurred as if they've been upscaled with a bilinear filter.

Doesn't X have the HRT pack already installed though?

Either way, I mean it's not a huge issue. But it is just one of those things where it feels like they thought no body would care so they didn't bother.
Still looks amazing though /shrug.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I have the high res pack installed, yes. It looks like the UI elements were upscaled, but it might also be FXAA that's causing the blurring. No way to turn that off unfortunately, as all of the AA options have some form of FXAA.

Also, the Extreme setting is a bit weird since it turns on SSAA but keeps FXAA on too. Don't really see the benefit of that... since SSAA is used for the highest image quality and mixing FXAA with it kind of defeats the purpose. I've got the AA option on High, a notch below Extreme, and there's no difference - aside from a 20-25FPS gain.

It'd be ideal if they kept the post-process AA as a separate option or something. Maybe that'll come in a patch, I'm not too bothered though, game looks fantastic regardless.

Trigun

I have the high res pack installed, yes. It looks like the UI elements were upscaled, but it might also be FXAA that's causing the blurring. No way to turn that off unfortunately, as all of the AA options have some form of FXAA.

Also, the Extreme setting is a bit weird since it turns on SSAA but keeps FXAA on too. Don't really see the benefit of that... since SSAA is used for the highest image quality and mixing FXAA with it kind of defeats the purpose. I've got the AA option on High, a notch below Extreme, and there's no difference - aside from a 20-25FPS gain.

It'd be ideal if they kept the post-process AA as a separate option or something. Maybe that'll come in a patch, I'm not too bothered though, game looks fantastic regardless.
Actually no. FXAA would NOT affect that if it's implemented into the game itself. Developers usually have the FXAA pass before the UI gets rendered on screen. FXAA UI artifacts would be more noisy.

Also: OGSSAA (AKA downsampling and YxY modes) by itself usually causes the same amount of texture shimmering and pixel crawl as without it unless you also have something like MSAA or another AA method mixed with it.
I've rarely found a game where using straight up OGSSAA by itself reduces aliasing completely.

Crysis DX10 2732x1536 OGSSAA down to 1080p with 4XMSAA and FXAA
i0tWRDLYWdTUl.png

Vs
OGSSAA by itself (2732x1536 Down to 1080p)
i0BB1e3tOgtCZ.png

Vs
OGSSAA +FXAA
ibj5MdDuD9CEnL.png

Vs OGSSAA+4XMSAA
i24yuqq6yebfa.png

Vs 2x2 OGSSAA (3840x2160)
iyAD3TGcJdttP.png

Vs 4XSGSSAA
ibmwNVEQ4vposn.png

VS

No AA -1080p native
ibuidT0i9g4Xk2.png

You might be better off/get better results by using just in game FXAA and a custom resolution for downsampling(OGSSAA)
rather than whatever internal one they are using.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
New patch adds HD textures for the UI, complete changelog:

• Fixed several bugs where NPCs would not path through doors properly – this corrects the issue where Naz stops running in the first mission of the game
• Added HD Textures for UI screens (only available with the free HD Texture Pack DLC installed)
• Improvements made to reduce the frequency of erroneous “don’t lose your target” warnings in missions where you are chasing an NPC
• Significant improvements to mouse support on various options screens
• New Keyboard/Mouse option which makes the keyboard & mouse the only input devices even if a controller is connected
• Several minor text bugs corrected
• Fixed an issue where mouse clicks would sometimes be ignored in the UI
• Fixed the keyboard and mouse camera controls in the Phone Tracing minigame

I'll take some more screens later.