• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Post your Specs

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Windows 7 64-bit
Intel Core 2 quad CPU 2.40ghz
4GB DDR2 ram
Nvidia PNY GT220 GPU
500GB HDD
80GB HDD

I would have thought with a quad cpu and 4gb of ram it'd be good for gaming, but Im struggling at getting good performance at higher resolutions, a few games i have tried are just cause 2, fallout 3, borderlands and battlfield 2 bad company, is it just my graphics card that is dragging my pc down or is there anything else i need to upgrade? (payed about

SeanyP

i have a 1680x1050 i think! Im not too worried about changing from nvidia aslong as i get the best card for my money!
and thanks for the input i'll check those two cards out :)

elite

Oldie moldie
My specs:

Toshiba Qosmio F60

- CPU: i5-520M up to 2.93 GHz
- GPU: GT 330M
- HDD: 500 GB 5400 RPM
- RAM: 1066 MHz DDR3

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
Not bad for the price. The screen resolution is 1366x768.
So a 5650 should do alright depending on the game. Can't say for sure though.

Seth

MD Party Room
Got a little spec bump nothing that major

Intel Core i5-2300
6gb DDR3-1066
XFX Radeon HD 4850 Graphics adapter
Western Digital 2 TB Caviar Slave and a Western Digital 1 TB Caviar Master
Built in Wireless N

New Monitor as well
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

Over all Way more power than I ever need for my day to day task and the rare good pc game that not on 360 or ps3. I had a tight limt of 500 bucks and I think I got a good system for the money.

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
a 4850 with a 1080p Monitor?
that's gonna be a disaster man, unless you play at low resolutions.

You should sell it and use the cash with a bit more to get a better card.

Adiuvo

I updated a few parts recently.

CPU: i7 950 @ 4.00ghz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14
Motherboard: Gigabyte X58-USB3
RAM: 6GB Kingston HyperX @ 1456
GPU: 2x HIS 6950s @ 6970 clocks.
HDD: 4x 2TB Spinpoint F4s (Storage), Crucial C300 64GB (OS)
Case: Silverstone FT02

Also instead of Bertha my friend has now named her Mildred. She figured the crappy name tradition should continue.

Seth

MD Party Room

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
a 4850 with a 1080p Monitor?
that's gonna be a disaster man, unless you play at low resolutions.

You should sell it and use the cash with a bit more to get a better card.

My old 4850 worked fine on a 22" 1080p monitor, never saw lag on video games. It was factory overclocked though. Now it's plugged into a computer on a 37" 1080p screen, while my family and I were watching doctor who on it (not even sure if that is 1080p, what resolution is iPlayer HD?) there was 2 moments of a bit of lag but otherwise it was perfectly smooth.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
A 4850 may be old but it's still more than adequate for most PC games today IMO. It holds up especially well with console ports... which account for the bulk of PC titles released today. There are a few exceptions, mostly PC exclusives like Crysis and The Witcher 2. Just dial down the settings a bit and you'll be fine.

Seth

MD Party Room
A 4850 may be old but it's still more than adequate for most PC games today IMO. It holds up especially well with console ports... which account for the bulk of PC titles released today. There are a few exceptions, mostly PC exclusives like Crysis and The Witcher 2. Just dial down the settings a bit and you'll be fine.

From what I hear the Witcher 2 doesnt even run very well on even a GTX 570/580 with ubersampling lol

Adiuvo

Ubersampling is rendering the image multiple times and overlaying it to improve the overall quality. It's understandable that including such an option would bring systems to their knees.

Not even 4x 480s can run it well. 4x 580s might be playable, but nearly double the price of 4x 480s.

Seth

MD Party Room
I cant believe anyone has the money to buy 4 580s that just pure insanity.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"

Sinfulfate

I got tired of trying to find a laptop that could satisfy my gaming needs so I bought a desktop. Not to bad for only $450 and it came with the razer death adder mouse and razer lycosa keyboard.

Intel Core i5 650 / 3.2 GHz
ATI Radeon HD 5770
8GB DDR3 SDRAM
1 TB HDD
Win 7 64 bit