• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Post your Windows Experience Index Scores!

coldfront

indexscore%20%28Custom%29.JPG

Only thing stopping me is my Hard Drive Performance.:(

Colm

weic.png

Had this rig for two years now, no upgrades, and it's holding up fairly well.
Not sure what to upgrade though, been thinking about getting a SSD when I have the cash

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Does anyone know if there is a difference between the windows Vista scores and the Windows 7 scores?

Vista gives a maximum of 5.9 for each component, windows 7 gives a maximum of 7.9 . That's the main difference that I know of

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Vista gives a maximum of 5.9 for each component, windows 7 gives a maximum of 7.9 . That's the main difference that I know of

Actually the Vista maximum is 6.9.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Actually the Vista maximum is 6.9.

I come bearing the gift of knowledge

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/What-is-the-Windows-Experience-Index

The base scores currently range from 1 to 5.9. The Windows Experience Index is designed to accommodate advances in computer technology. As hardware speed and performance improves, higher base scores will be introduced. However, the standards for each level of the index stay the same. For example, a computer scored as a 2.8 will remain a 2.8 unless you decide to upgrade the computer's hardware.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"

ilyace

Long awaited upgrade:

Screen%20shot%202011-01-19%20at%2011.56.30%20AM.png

HDDs is now the slowest component of my comp, next thign I get will definitely be a SSD

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Well my gaming graphics is now 3.6 as my 4850 went faulty :(
Also, my SSD went from 7.7 to 7.4 for no reason...

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
New laptop

1d46d8f68f137b8292f7427cca57469ce4ac98de.png

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Weird that there's a difference in 2D and 3D graphics like that :\

Yeah really, if it were the other way around it'd make sense. Anyway I am very pleased with the performance of this lappy, feels just as fast as my desktop in Windows.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
ujelly.png

U jelly? :p

Haven't even started to try to overclock it yet :) Need to update the SSD firmware.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
ujelly.png

U jelly? :p

Haven't even started to try to overclock it yet :) Need to update the SSD firmware.

o.0

If you find a good OC for the RAM and CPU, you could very well have a base score of 7.9
A firmware update would be necessary for the SSD too but still, flipping hell.