• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Post your Windows Experience Index Scores!

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
o.0

If you find a good OC for the RAM and CPU, you could very well have a base score of 7.9
A firmware update would be necessary for the SSD too but still, flipping hell.

A base score of 7.9 would be so good...
When I first put the SSD in it was getting 7.7 but seems to change a lot, has been 7.4 at one point.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
WEI for my netbook. MSI Wind U100 clone under the PC World Advent brand - Advent 4211C

d7ouJ.jpg

not too bad for a netbook :cool:

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
got a SSD(which i <3) and new ram for my birthday, only thing under 4 is my graphic's, but i'm fairy certain i can't change my gpu in my laptop like i could the cpu
77454317.png

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
You could if you find the right kind. Like if you have a MXM:II slot GPU in your laptop you can upgrade that to another MXM:II card. But forewarned it's extremely expensive.

My new scores

Pretty much only no SSD is holding me back. And my system already boots/is fast enough, SSD is a huge waste of money right now. I'll wait until they aren't stupid expensive and short on capacity.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
You could if you find the right kind. Like if you have a MXM:II slot GPU in your laptop you can upgrade that to another MXM:II card. But forewarned it's extremely expensive.
yea, my laptop can't put in another gpu chip, but that's fine and dandy, i think i've improved it to meet what i wanted anyway
My new scores

Pretty much only no SSD is holding me back. And my system already boots/is fast enough, SSD is a huge waste of money right now. I'll wait until they aren't stupid expensive and short on capacity.

i got my ssd for ~200$ for 120gig's, a bit expensive for capacity, but the boot boost on all my applications and os is quite amazing, with my old hdd, it'd take ~1-2 mins or more to fully boot up, load all the applications in, and be ready to go, with the ssd, i can have that in ~20 seconds, if anything, i'd recommend getting a 10-20 gig ssd and put the os and some heavily used applications on it, in conjunction with your other hdd, however if your fine with your current setup, than no need to change it=-)

Trigun

My computer boots in 1 minute 5 seconds from Post(with a CPU fan error because it idles at a low RPM, so that adds a few seconds), and loads up windows 7 64-bit almost instantaneously.
To me, that's pretty fast and I don't know any different considering my old PC would take nearly 3 times (or more)that long to boot 32-bit XP.

So I think i'll be good until I can buy at least a 500GB SATA II SSD for under 100$

I know that I could buy a cheap SSD and store all my programs and stuff on a standard HDD but what's the point? wouldn't access time on those files be the same as if I booted from that drive?
And nearly all of my applications load almost instantaneously , so what is the benefit of spending a bunch of money so my computer will boot faster when I keep it on or in sleep mode 99% of the time?

I need to read articles on SSD drives I guess. So i'll do that.

angelsniper45

View attachment 8737

Silly laptop. Although it's good for just about anything except for gaming, it can handle some of my steam games pretty good.

Trigun

Is it using an integrated GPU?

Also, Source engine games are extremely optimized so luckily you don't need very high end components to run them, especially at 1366x768(the actual res of most 720p TV's, which is a fine resolution too)

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
My computer boots in 1 minute 5 seconds from Post(with a CPU fan error because it idles at a low RPM, so that adds a few seconds), and loads up windows 7 64-bit almost instantaneously.
To me, that's pretty fast and I don't know any different considering my old PC would take nearly 3 times (or more)that long to boot 32-bit XP.

So I think i'll be good until I can buy at least a 500GB SATA II SSD for under 100$

I know that I could buy a cheap SSD and store all my programs and stuff on a standard HDD but what's the point? wouldn't access time on those files be the same as if I booted from that drive?
And nearly all of my applications load almost instantaneously , so what is the benefit of spending a bunch of money so my computer will boot faster when I keep it on or in sleep mode 99% of the time?

I need to read articles on SSD drives I guess. So i'll do that.

just suggestions, like i said, if your fine with your boot times/application boot times, and hdd access times, then no need to upgrade=-), o one other thing is i've had a huge increase when it comes to accessing my portable hdd, what used to be a 6-7MBps transfer rate is now 30-40MBps(which i believe is limited by the portable hdd's write speeds now)

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Approx. how much space do all your programs take up? I have only an 80GB SSD and I'm able to fit everything, minus games of course.

For me, it was worth it just to have Photoshop open lighting fast after boot.

Trigun

Well, right now i've got a 1TB boot drive, and it has 594GB free
126.92 GB of that is just my DAW + Samplers/Synthesizers/Effects plugins

My programs + My programs(X86)=224GB(Including the 126Gb above)

And Photoshop CS3 for me opens up in less than 4/5(only 1 second if i've recently opened it) seconds. ( dunno if newer versions open up slower) (where as on my old PC CS3 would take over a minute to load IIRC, could be more or even less)

I tell you one thing though, I could do without my Old SATA I drive from my previous PC that I use to store all my MP3's and stuff. The access time for Windows Media player spinning up the drive to locate all of my music is pretty painful.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"

My new scores

What RAM have you got? I have 8GB 1600MHz and getting 7.8.

Well, right now i've got a 1TB boot drive, and it has 594GB free
126.92 GB of that is just my DAW + Samplers/Synthesizers/Effects plugins

My programs + My programs(X86)=224GB(Including the 126Gb above)

And Photoshop CS3 for me opens up in less than 4/5(only 1 second if i've recently opened it) seconds. ( dunno if newer versions open up slower) (where as on my old PC CS3 would take over a minute to load IIRC, could be more or even less)

I tell you one thing though, I could do without my Old SATA I drive from my previous PC that I use to store all my MP3's and stuff. The access time for Windows Media player spinning up the drive to locate all of my music is pretty painful.

To be fair, the HD103SJ is a very fast drive, I got one the other day and it's more than twice as fast as my HD103UJ.

Trigun

Yeah, it is fast. Curious considering how cheap you can get it(i got mine for around 60 us $)

I've got This Ram here, it cost me 89$ when I bought it
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231223

Right now it's overclocked to 1600Mhz(was at 1800mhz,had to come down and re-do my overclock on everything because 3.9ghz with 180Bclk wasn't stable, yet my current Bclk which is much higher is at 4.1ghz ) with 8-8-8-24 timings
I might be because i'm using Triple channel(although the performance difference between D and T have been shown to be almost none.) And you are using Dual channel.
It could be because the I7 on LGA1366 has the memory controller built into the CPU.(I don't know if Sandy bridge does or not)

I'm not sure.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
32da67dd40a93c62a68b2ad9daeb9f2c124165ed.jpg

:cool:

I need to get me a SSD.

Update

l52Nv.jpg

ZOOM ZOOM ZOOOOOOM

Seriously, after sorting out an issue with an old SATA cable and installed the proper chipset drivers, this things zips along. It takes less time to boot than it does for my TV which I use as a monitor to come on from standby.

The SSD is an Intel 320 120GB which I won in a competition with PCGamer. :D

Valken

a8dcfaf6d9a7a5c57f862eb1d32e654e.png

I don't have a SSD or fast HDD but I have good hardware ;). I'm so pumped for Battlefield 3 on my comp.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
a8dcfaf6d9a7a5c57f862eb1d32e654e.png

I don't have a SSD or fast HDD but I have good hardware ;). I'm so pumped for Battlefield 3 on my comp.

Woah, what are your specs?