• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Pre-orders Open for Windows 7

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I'm staying in RC as long as possible too... It's even considered Genuine so why would I switch?

Correct me if I'm wrong but the RC lasts until........... March 2010?

PSPHax0r9

Quality Haxing Since 1991
So how much better than Vista is this? I never got around to trying it out.

Incredibly better.

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM EST ----------

Also, if you plan on buying it, you should really preorder; the preorder prices are lower than the final retail ones.

Urameshi

Who Higher Than Me?
I'm probably going to be getting this free, since my mom works at Microcenter and all employees get free copies of the latest OS's :D. But meh, i wasn't into 7 that much, i went back to Vista.

twelve

I'm not dead
I'm definitely pre-ordering when they start taking them in the UK. Not only are the preorder prices very competitive with the upcoming OSX Snow Leopard but I think Windows 7 is 100% worth it.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
-Im staying on rc till it ends
-windows7 is same as vista to me just with few improvements and over hyped.
Now I think about it, I only downloaded rc since it was over hyped.

Ragnarok

i am definetly getting windows 7

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
I'm sticking with Vista because I really don't use it for anything other than games, and I'm pretty sure Vista will be supported for quite a few more years.

Hellcat

Contributor
Win 7 will most likely be the first Windows I will actually really buy (not counting the ones that came bundled with computers and such).

As soon as it's available (for Europe :( ) I'll get my copy :)
I'll grab an OEM version though, no need for colorful packaging and it costs only a small part of of the colorish retail version :p
(MS is forced to sell OEM copys w/o bundled hardware, here in Germany :D )

I think this time they really did it right!
I am using Win7's RC on my Netbook (!) for quite a while now, and even with the small hardware such a Netbook has, it works GREAT!
Plus, I didn't really find anything not working on it, even the internal G3-Modem of the Netbook and Cygwin work fine :eek:

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Windows 7 is one of the best Windows OS to have been made, imo. It combines the speed and stability of XP and the looks of Vista in a new re-worked kernel.

I'm getting this as soon as my RC expires.

Bill

I'm going to pre-order today or tomorrow. $50 is an amazing price, and it will be the first OS I've ever purchased as well.

Vee

I bought a laptop from Dell a week ago, the guy guarenteed me that when Windows 7 comes out, they would send me the disk free of charge. He told me its a policy that Dell have always had. I read an article a few days ago, saying that Europe wont be getting upgrades.

Does that mean that Dell wont be upgrading people who just bought a laptop with vista, to windows 7?