• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Editorial Prevent Censorship: Stop SOPA / PIPA

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team

Today marks a worldwide effort by SOPA / PIPA opposition to raise awareness of the potentially harmful effects two bills currently in the United States Congress possess. These two bills could effectively grant the United States government censorship power on the same level as the infamous "Great Firewall of China."

There has been a lot of information posted on the web about these harmful effects, including posts by Reddit, both of whom do an excellent job of explaining the legislation and its key terms.

If you are within the U.S[...]

Continue reading: Prevent Censorship: Stop SOPA / PIPA ...

Mr Devil

Signed the Google petition and sent a message to our representatives. Can't let this bill see the light of day.

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
Extra Credits' latest video involves pleading with viewers to boycott E3 (in relation to the ESA support of the bills). I'm not sure if ESA's support is that important or not but figured it was worth sharing here.
Extra Credits: <a rel="nofollow" href="http://penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/stand-together-the-gaming-community-vs-sopa-and-pipa">[penny-arcade.com]</a>
Petition against ESA support: <a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.change.org/petitions/stop-the-esa-petition-and-boycott-e3">[www.change.org]</a>

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Extra Credits' latest video involves pleading with viewers to boycott E3 (in relation to the ESA support of the bills). I'm not sure if ESA's support is that important or not but figured it was worth sharing here.
Extra Credits: [penny-arcade.com]
Petition against ESA support: [www.change.org]

I was shocked to hear of ESA's support personally so that's a good thing to bring up. Hopefully these bills will be resolved (meaning terminated/dead) by the time E3 rolls around but it still doesn't say much about ESA.

Slasher

Suck It
kill it with fire

eldiablov

Contributor
I was shocked to hear of ESA's support personally so that's a good thing to bring up. Hopefully these bills will be resolved (meaning terminated/dead) by the time E3 rolls around but it still doesn't say much about ESA.

Considering Sony, Nintendo and EA only 'withdrew' support when it could be a bit of a PR problem it shouldn't surprise you all that much.