• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Problem with Profile update

Ora_Catch

Is anyone else having their info still tweeting out old username etc instead of new?
If so please let me know if there is a way of resolving this.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
The tweet functionality was still using the account username, rather than the display name. I have changed this, so should show the proper name on next tweet now.

easye

Hey - my origin account dosent synch. unless it takas more than 3 days?
Can i do something with it?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Last edited:

easye

And how long doses it take? for example - i got ne achivements on 7.06 (Unravel/Tytanfal 2)

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
And how long doses it take? for example - i got ne achivements on 7.06 (Unravel/Tytanfal 2)

Should update every ~6 hours. It seems to be running fine now, possible that Origin had some issues over the weekend.

A_M_R_Egypt

I actually noticed that Origin not updating here for a week long or more for the last few months.

A few months ago I got myself a year of Origin Access Basic and I have been getting Origin achievements almost daily but as I said the site here for some reason takes a long time to update (longest I noticed is ~10 days)... Steam achievements always update as far as I noticed almost instantly.

I always thought that Origin API works differently than Steam so the mods here have to updated it manually for all every now and then.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I actually noticed that Origin not updating here for a week long or more for the last few months.

A few months ago I got myself a year of Origin Access Basic and I have been getting Origin achievements almost daily but as I said the site here for some reason takes a long time to update (longest I noticed is ~10 days)... Steam achievements always update as far as I noticed almost instantly.

I always thought that Origin API works differently than Steam so the mods here have to updated it manually for all every now and then.

Just checking, are there any missing achievements from your profile right now?

I did a manual scan, didn't pick up anything new and it seems to match the total count when looking at your profile in the Origin client as well.

Their API isn't as reliable as Steam. I have noticed for some reason the endpoint for retrieving all games in a single request doesn't always include every game the user has earned achievements in, so the scanner has to check each game individually (which slows things down a lot compared to the other services). I wish they would fix that, since it makes us send a lot of unnecessary requests.

That said, the updates should happen pretty quick as long as the game isn't missing from the full list (doesn't happen too often, fortunately). If it's not updating in the 6 hours timeframe let me know and I'll take another look.

A_M_R_Egypt

Well Exophase shows I'm at 761, but I'm actually at 806 right now

BF1 13>30
Detention 0>8
Ghost of a tale 0>1
Beholder 2 0>19

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Well Exophase shows I'm at 761, but I'm actually at 806 right now

BF1 13>30
Detention 0>8
Ghost of a tale 0>1
Beholder 2 0>19

Does the total count on Origin say 761? When I go on your page I see the following:

ACzd.png

I do see the achievements in the games you listed though. I think that maybe some of the API responses are being cached on Origin's side (explains the total count being off). Didn't notice that before. I'll try to add a workaround for this.

Last edited:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Ok I just noticed the count updated to 806 on Exophase, thanks

Yeah, seems my fix worked. Going to keep an eye on it but the updates should be quicker now. The scanners here were just receiving outdated data and this happens when using Origin as normal too (still says 761 for the total when I visit your profile through the Origin client), but I found a way to bypass the cache

Lemonardo

My profile also didn't update, even though I earned my first achievement in SW Battlefront II EA on Origin (which, as you say, should trigger an update on Origin's side).

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
My profile also didn't update, even though I earned my first achievement in SW Battlefront II EA on Origin (which, as you say, should trigger an update on Origin's side).
It should be updated now.

A_M_R_Egypt

Origin is at it again .. a week now it didn't update ..I 100%ed Trine 2 (59 > 97) and almost done with Bulletstorm (0 > 29).. current count is 960

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hmm weird. I just forced an update and it pulled the new achievements, I'll look into why the automatic scan didn't pick them up.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

easye

I have problems with Origin synchrosization every 6 hours . Can You take a look? Thanks!