• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Problem with the forums

shadowforte

You know how the little square will be blue over to the left of the forum when there is a new post? Well, every time I get on, it still says that the topics I read are new, though there are no new post in them.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
You know how the little square will be blue over to the left of the forum when there is a new post? Well, every time I get on, it still says that the topics I read are new, though there are no new post in them.

i get that too sometimes when i revisit the forums after closing the browser and starting it again. XD

its weird... :\

for ages the psp help center icon was always on even though i had looked at EVERY post... :\

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
strange, well I switched to a system that automatically stores the read times in the db (rather than the cookie based system). Hope this fixes it :wink:

MenaceInc

Staff Member
strange, well I switched to a system that automatically stores the read times in the db (rather than the cookie based system). Hope this fixes it :wink:

haha,so thats why there were loads of blues when i got on today with a lot of them being my posts....ah well.

Chilly Willy

Contributor
Still a problem here. What you really need is a button to mark all forums as read. Most forums have that so that you don't have to read EVERY friggin post... just read the ones you're interested in, then hit "mark as read". That would take care of any issues with lingering new indicators. :wink:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Still a problem here. What you really need is a button to mark all forums as read. Most forums have that so that you don't have to read EVERY friggin post... just read the ones you're interested in, then hit "mark as read". That would take care of any issues with lingering new indicators. :wink:

added :) Check the footer.

also not sure if you already know, but the blue icons that show up on the main page can be double clicked to mark read just one section.