• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Problems with internet in Win 7 64bit [Solved]

androidkaita

Drop The Gun
Ok so in google Chrome whenever I try to load any webmail site (hotmail, gmail, or my university's email) it gives me a warning saying the site is unsecure do you wish to proceed or go back to safety.

I have tried this in firefox IE and Chrome, and all 3 give me some version of this warning, and in all 3, hotmail does not load period. This carries over to my MSN Messenger, as I cannot log into it and have had to use Web IM as a replacement now.

Does anybody have a clue as to what is going on?

Dan

Contributor
Are your internet settings in control panel set to 'Automatically Detect Settings'?

androidkaita

Drop The Gun
I think it is comething wrong with my BIOS, because windows update will not search for updates either. I am going to check the system date right now

Awesome! Thanks FrozenIpaq, all that was wrong was my BIOS date and time settings, I had the day and month wrong and it was still 2010 haha. Now everything is working fine, I can go on MSN np, and can now search for windows updates again :)

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I think it is comething wrong with my BIOS, because windows update will not search for updates either. I am going to check the system date right now

Awesome! Thanks FrozenIpaq, all that was wrong was my BIOS date and time settings, I had the day and month wrong and it was still 2010 haha. Now everything is working fine, I can go on MSN np, and can now search for windows updates again :)

Glad to be of service :p I encountered a similar problem on my laptop (was bringing date back on purpose though to avoid re-installing Windows 7 since I had beta installed)