• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Profile Concerns - Public VS Logged IN

preymooncake

Hey,

I am new here and as I play with things I am noticing some weirdness.

When viewing my profile logged in, its different from when viewing the profile logged out.

There are two differences I see. Some games show on the logged out profile that do not show on the logged in (I only have one example of this, and is a deleted game I had with Origin). Also, if I edit a game and add playtime or anything else it shows on my logged in profile but not logged out.

Example is Dead Space. When logged in at https://www.exophase.com/origin/user/preymooncake/ I see it showing correctly with the playtime etc:
1651843280168.png

When viewing the same place logged out it shows like this:
1651843304430.png

On top of that issue, it seems to only be an issue for the platform specific places like https://www.exophase.com/origin/user/preymooncake/ if I head to the main profile page logged in or logged out - https://www.exophase.com/user/preymooncake/ - it shows everything correctly, updated playtime's etc.

I guess I am wondering why being logged in or logged out is different, it should be exactly the same no?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
It’s intentional, we have no way of knowing you actually own the Origin profile so those customizations cannot apply while logged out. Otherwise it’d be problematic since others would be able to edit profiles that may not actually be theirs.

That’s why we added verification for some of the services. If a profile is verified those changes will always apply.

Unfortunately some of the services don’t have an easy way of verification, no external sign in option or profile field that we can check for a code. Origin is one of those. Have been looking into some alternative methods like uploading a QR code as an avatar that we can check but hasn’t been implemented yet.

preymooncake

Oh, well that does make sense.

I was about to say, but if I am logged in and making the changes, then its me changing it. But the platforms were only added by entering a username, which anyone could do. Right!

Dang, yea EA and Ubisoft don't have a way to verify :(

I will note the QR Code as an avatar wouldn't work, at least not for Ubisoft. Apparently they are removing the ability to add a custom image avatar in June.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Oh, well that does make sense.

I was about to say, but if I am logged in and making the changes, then its me changing it. But the platforms were only added by entering a username, which anyone could do. Right!

Dang, yea EA and Ubisoft don't have a way to verify :(

I will note the QR Code as an avatar wouldn't work, at least not for Ubisoft. Apparently they are removing the ability to add a custom image avatar in June.

Darn, thanks for letting me know. That will indeed be an issue for Ubisoft then. I think they do let you link other profiles (PSN, Xbox) and we have access to that information so perhaps if someone has linked another service to Ubisoft and verified that one here we could use that to associate the accounts. Not ideal, but might work.