• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

proof of nintendos plans working :D

GPUX

Nintendo's Games Are Childish, While The Games Of The Xbox360 Or PS3 Are For The Hardcore Gamer. Personally I Think Nothing Beats a PC When Comes To Gaming.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
from an msn conversation i was having....

[MenaceInc™]...I can imagine you staring lifeless at the bathroom door... says:
didnt think you played games
. |[ HHHelen.! ]| i don't like it . says:
im not a crazy gamer type now, but i do enjoy the odd mario thingy..
haha
fair enough
you'd put it in the same catagory as books then?...nice to delve into every once in a while?
. |[ HHHelen.! ]| i don't like it . says:
yeah pretty much!

this was my reaction when she said she was getting a DS....so i think nintendo hit it spot on when they wanted to attract new customers who wouldnt normally play games :D

yeah definitely. I don't think there is any demographic Nintendo hasn't reached. the wii is even in retirement homes

shadowforte

GPUX: That is the stupidist thing I have ever watched come out of someones mouth. You got alot to learn about games.

GPUX

I've Played And Finished Over 200 Computer Games In My Life. You're The One Who Has A Lot To Learn.Or Perhaps Wii Sports Is The Best Game You've Played In Your Life.Don't Get Me Wrong I'm Not a Nintendo Hater In Fact I Loved The old NES And Still Play Some Of Its games.But To Say The Best Games Are Of Nintendos Consoles Is Just Irrational.

Darkchild

The Doctor
I've Played And Finished Over 200 Computer Games In My Life. You're The One Who Has A Lot To Learn.Or Perhaps Wii Sports Is The Best Game You've Played In Your Life.Don't Get Me Wrong I'm Not a Nintendo Hater In Fact I Loved The old NES And Still Play Some Of Its games.But To Say The Best Games Are Of Nintendos Consoles Is Just Irrational.

the nintendo games as you say "Might be for children" but remember this, I know a lot of GROWN UPS and I'm about to be one, that LIKE the wii, my mother loved it, my 21 year-old brother loved it, I loved it and I'm 16 (and I'm no kid!). Sometimes we want the good 'ol tendo because the other ones are either too expensive or have no imagination. So I don't care if you are a fan boy or not, I myself am not, BUT saying that nintendo makes games for kiddies? Grow up dude! They have Hentai games for DS for crissakes!

GPUX

alright I'll Take Back My Word When I said Nintondo's Games Are Childish But They Aren't The Best Games Out, also i Never Said I Was A Fanboy And If It Comforts Your Mind I never Owned A Playstation, Xbox or Wii the only consoles i ever had were a Sega MegaDrive And A Super Famicon.And Why Did you Bring Up The Hentai Games Thing? Sorry But I'm Not That Type!

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Nintendo's Games Are Childish, While The Games Of The Xbox360 Or PS3 Are For The Hardcore Gamer. Personally I Think Nothing Beats a PC When Comes To Gaming.

theres no childish games for the 360?...what of viva pinata?...and as for the PS3 theres harry potter and the order of the phoenix and little big planet. however i do think you're right in your point that the PS3 and the Xbox 360 are aimed at a more adult audience but it tends to be aimed at late teen/early adult males. What Nintendo are trying to do is reach out past the usual computer game players to get people to play games who wouldn't think about them normally.

Over 200 games?...no need to try and brag,i don't think anyone here really bothers to count how many games they've played or even care. you should be trying to go for quality over quantity.as for saying that the best games are nintendo games?...just look through this list http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_and_video_games_that_have_been_considered_the_greatest_ever

alright I'll Take Back My Word When I said Nintondo's Games Are Childish But They Aren't The Best Games Out, also i Never Said I Was A Fanboy And If It Comforts Your Mind I never Owned A Playstation, Xbox or Wii the only consoles i ever had were a Sega MegaDrive And A Super Famicon.And Why Did you Bring Up The Hentai Games Thing? Sorry But I'm Not That Type!

you say you have only had a Megadrive and a Super Famicom?...that suggest to me that you're Japanese....because the Megadrive was called the Genesis in America...that would leave Europe or Japan but the Super Famicom was called the Super Nintendo Entertainment System in Europe....haha,i should be a detective. :p ..but anyway,the point is that you shouldn't judge consoles or say "The Games Of The Xbox360 Or PS3 Are For The Hardcore Gamer." if you don't have them.

GPUX

Theres Only Zelda And Mario And Goldeneye In That List so that doesn't prove anything special. also you should do some research because the megadrive wasn't only
available In japan i bought it from england and the megadrives Layout and design are completely different then that of the genesis. I'm Not Japanese I'm Iranian so you should take another detectives exam MR DETECTIVE. as for bragging and quality over quantity i think your the ones bragging too much about Nintendo and its achievements too create threads about your msn conversations and obsessions over Nintendo.i might not own a ps3 or any other console but that doesn't mean i haven't played games with them.i dont mean to start a flame war so i dont think any one of us will reach anyware by continuing this discussion.

shadowforte

Oh god, not 200. I own more the 200 you fool. RE4 is the best game I have ever played, but Wii Sports is good. At least it is not a mindless GTA clone. I have all three systems and I never said that Nintendo was the best. All I said was that was stupid that you said something like that. What is irrational is that you think one system(what ever system it may be) has the best games when the truth is they all have great games, yet all have there flaws. Oh, and by the way, learn to use commas.

Darkchild

The Doctor
people, people! let's calm down shall we? this is a topic about an old NES commercial, if you want to argue more about if Nintendo is for children or whatever do it in another topic please, and by the way GPUX, I am not saying that you are the type of person or that I am the type of person who watches hentai or similar material, I was just trying to express the fact that, if the DS was for children it wouldn't have THAT sort of games. Now end this fight at ONCE!

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Theres Only Zelda And Mario And Goldeneye In That List so that doesn't prove anything special. also you should do some research because the megadrive wasn't only
available In japan i bought it from england and the megadrives Layout and design are completely different then that of the genesis. I'm Not Japanese I'm Iranian so you should take another detectives exam MR DETECTIVE. as for bragging and quality over quantity i think your the ones bragging too much about Nintendo and its achievements too create threads about your msn conversations and obsessions over Nintendo.i might not own a ps3 or any other console but that doesn't mean i haven't played games with them.i dont mean to start a flame war so i dont think any one of us will reach anyware by continuing this discussion.

i wasn't bragging about anything,i was making a point over how Nintendo's policy in regards to this generation of games consoles is having an impact on the general public and how it's being successful. As for the list,there's more of Nintendo's games in it than zelda,mario and goldeneye.
the detective thing was a joke,something you seriously need to learn to take.
as for the megadrive thing the Megadrive/SNES combinations for each region are

Europe: MegaDrive/SNES
USA: Genesis/SNES
Japan: MegaDrive/Super Famicom

so going by that and assuming you hadnt imported, it made sense to guess you were asian.

also,you said you didnt mean to start a flame war?...haha,someone who didnt want to do that would go say that others need to learn,wouldnt brag about playing over 200 games or go into a thread about Nintendo and outright say that Nintendo games are for kids.

people, people! let's calm down shall we? this is a topic about an old NES commercial, if you want to argue more about if Nintendo is for children or whatever do it in another topic please, and by the way GPUX, I am not saying that you are the type of person or that I am the type of person who watches hentai or similar material, I was just trying to express the fact that, if the DS was for children it wouldn't have THAT sort of games. Now end this fight at ONCE!

haha,Darkchild,i have been calm about this,i hadnt gone off and been completely offensive like GPUX here.also,just wanted to point out that this wasnt x3spheres thread about the NES zelda commercial :p

GPUX

GPUX: That is the stupidist thing I have ever watched come out of someones mouth. You got alot to learn about games.

Agreed, Sorry If I Offended Anyone. But You Could Have Responded More Friendly Couldn't you? You Don't Need To Call Anyone A Jackass and since Your A Moderator People Expect More out of you.

Pariah

Why do you use so many capitals in unnecessary places? I'm not trying to attack you or anything, i'm just curious.. :huh:

shadowforte

Agreed, Sorry If I Offended Anyone. But You Could Have Responded More Friendly Couldn't you? You Don't Need To Call Anyone A Jackass and since Your A Moderator People Expect More out of you.

Fair. Sorry I umped the gun. Lets have a good time, not bicker all day :biggrin: