• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSV PS Vita 3G Downloads Capped To 20MB

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
vitascej.jpg

Restrictive bandwidth caps are the norm when it comes to 3G connections, and the Vita is no exception. In a recent interview with ASCII, an SCEJ rep confirmed that downloads on Vita are limited to 20MB per file. It was stressed that this is a initial limit, meaning it could be raised in the future.

The "artificial" limitation is hardly surprising, considering that several 3G providers have clamped down on bandwidth usage over the past few years -- most notably Verizon, which recently axed its entire 'unlimited' tier[...]

Continue reading: PS Vita 3G Downloads Capped To 20MB...

Seth

MD Party Room
I really like this andriasang site seems like a cool place to get some news..

eldiablov

Contributor
So is this just a standard for the yanks or does it happen over here? I've never heard of such a thing.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
Just for a comparison, iOS has a 20MB limit over 3G as well.

true, but many iOS games are generally under 20MB, i can't imagine finding alot of downloadable context designed to take advantage of the ps vita is going to be under 20MB's. imo, clearly sony doesn't intend to use the 3G component for downloading games.

Ecko

1f u c4n r34d th1s u r34lly n33d t0 g37 l41d
20mb?? You can't download any podcast with such a low limit. Maybe 60-80mb is more appropriate?

Joey

If you're gonna download something, just do it at home, or find a wifi hotspot. How many of you need to download a 200MB game in the middle of nowhere?

So not a big deal.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Well if you are traveling and wifi is not available, having the option of being able to get a game would be nice.

And atleast where I live, its hard to find free wifi.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
whats the average of browsing and watching youtube?

It doesn't apply to browsing or youtube as the 20MB limit is for games downloaded from PSN. To download a game or game data such as DLC from PSN over 3G, it has to be under 20MB.

ShadowmanX5

This sort of thing makes me glad to have my htc desire Android phone, portable Wifi hotspot where ever I go ;) wil be saving my money an simply buying a Wifi only model of the Vita :D