• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSV PS Vita Launches December 17 In Japan

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
4wPdB-1.jpg

True to its word, Sony is releasing the PS Vita in Japan by this year's end. At its press conference in Tokyo, the company announced that it'll release in the region on December 17[...]

Continue reading: PS Vita Launches December 17 In Japan...

Robby

Los Doyers!
I never imported a gaming console, but if I were to import the Vita, and import games, would they be in english?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I never imported a gaming console, but if I were to import the Vita, and import games, would they be in english?

No, unless the game has a English option (very rare).

I will probably import one along with Ridge Racer. Going to have my friend that lives in Japan get me one since the price on Play-Asia will likely be around $600.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Does Play-Asia mark up that much? I bought a 1.50 PSP off them when most of the US stock had firmware over 2 already and I don't think it was that expensive.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Does Play-Asia mark up that much? I bought a 1.50 PSP off them when most of the US stock had firmware over 2 already and I don't think it was that expensive.

At launch yeah. Price usually drops off significantly about a month later.

The initial import price for 3DS was $479, and USD is worth even less now. So I figure it'll be pretty close to $600.