• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 PS3 internet connection problem

Nick

hey guys,
my ps3 is having troubles connecting to my wifi, it usually takes forever to log into PSN and sometimes logs me out in the middle of online gameplay. im starting to get really upset when this happens. last week, i discovered that when i unplug my ps3 and do a complete restart, it connects to PSN no problem and it has a good connection with my wifi. i go on the internet alot in my room, so its not like the signal is weak. has this happened to anyone else?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I assume you connect through a router? Have you tried updating your router firmware?

You could also try disabling the media streaming feature. Discovery of network devices can slow things down, at least initially. That wouldn't explain why the speed returns to normal after a restart, though.

january39

eXo Staff
Never had that before, but it has on occasion not auto logged me in PSN before, personally i would speak to SCE they might offer some advice.

After that, can you define a PS3 Specific port on your router? i have on mine by accessing the router and selecting that option, can help (although not sure how much) particulary if you have a lot of wi fi devices going through your router

Dan

Contributor
Do you have cordless phones, and does your connection drop with any other wireless devices?

Nick

well, sometimes my connection drops with wireless devices, but since my computer is connected via ethernet, the connection is perfect. im working on updating the router firmware and i disabled the media streaming. im trying to log into my router but verizon set a custom username/password on mine, so im trying to contact them about it. once i can log into the router, i'll update the firmware and define a specific por for the ps3. ill let you guys know what happens. thanks for your help.

Nick

alright guys,
ive done everything you have told me. ive played my ps3 and so far, everything has been running smooth. i've seen no lags in the gameplay and no spontaneous logouts. thanks for the help!

rileysnotz

hey guys... been having a problem playing online for the past 2 days. When I start my PS3 it shows SIGNED IN. The moment I start any game an error pops up : "An error has occurred. You have been signed out of Playstation Network. (80028ED6)". I'm unable to play online with any games (tried BFBC2, Killzone2).

When I quit to XMB it immediately pops up with "SIGNED IN". While I can access the Store as well as surf without any problems I cannot play online.

I've tried all the suggestions above but nothings worked so far. Any help wil be appreciated. Thanks.

january39

eXo Staff
I would try the steps we have detailed above, from what i know and read it seems to be a port error OR some have linked it to maintenance work SCE are doing although i could find nothing to substantiate this at all.

Try the things above first. :)

rileysnotz

I would try the steps we have detailed above, from what i know and read it seems to be a port error OR some have linked it to maintenance work SCE are doing although i could find nothing to substantiate this at all.

Try the things above first. :)

Yeah I figured it was a maintenance based issue after reading thru a few sites but 2 days seems a bit long. Yeah tried all the above but still no go.

january39

eXo Staff
Yeah I figured it was a maintenance based issue after reading thru a few sites but 2 days seems a bit long. Yeah tried all the above but still no go.

I would ring SCE then.