• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[PS3] [RUMOR] service mode hack

Slasher

Suck It
It just seems as though he has inside knowledge on most things psp and ps3 related.

That doesn't mean his words should be treated as the truth. (ie. Dark_Alex == M33 thread, which by the way was fucking ridiculous).

Anyways, why are people bashing on PS3HAX? It was a news story concerning information posted on PS3NEWS. I suppose they were a little quick to assume it as the truth, but it still in my mind at least comes across as speculation. You should really be putting down PS3NEWS for coming up with this nonsense. I mean, "DEX.exe and CEX.exe's"? Give me a break lmao. DEX.exe is a well known trojan virus for one, and see how close it resembles to DAX? Just seems stupid to me

twelve

I'm not dead
PS3Hax and PS3News both have an equally bad reputation as far as I'm concerned. Anything from either site will always be fake until proven real.

twelve

I'm not dead
Didn't PS3HAX manage to "hack" home?
If by Hack you mean install it without being in the beta then yes. It still couldn't be used though.

The closest ps3hax or ps3news have come to a hack was the method to launch newer games without updating.

Vee

If by Hack you mean install it without being in the beta then yes. It still couldn't be used though.

The closest ps3hax or ps3news have come to a hack was the method to launch newer games without updating.

That wasn't what i was referring to. I think they were the ones that found out how to replace/delete/upload files on Home. They've got videos of posters and trailers they put up themselves.

twelve

I'm not dead
Oh that's what you're referring to. It's network redirecting.

Nevada wrote about how to do it on QJ for changing your Avatar on the XMB.

Neither a hack, exploit or discovered by them.

Whisper

Logic :(
Oh that's what you're referring to. It's network redirecting.

Nevada wrote about how to do it on QJ for changing your Avatar on the XMB.

Neither a hack, exploit or discovered by them.

Does changing your avatar still work?

BlackBurd

Original Gangstuh
post processiong...
post processiong done
cleanup update status (ret = 0)
/dev_flash/vsh/etc/version.txt not found.
manufacturing updating SUCCESS(0x8002f000)
set product mode (ret = 0)
Total Elapsed time = 8288 msec

anybody beleive this.
this came from UPDATER_LOG.txt

if you look it has the exact samefile system as the psp's flash does anyone think this is real. Im not sure about the "leaked service mode ETC"

Nevada

post processiong...
post processiong done
cleanup update status (ret = 0)
/dev_flash/vsh/etc/version.txt not found.
manufacturing updating SUCCESS(0x8002f000)
set product mode (ret = 0)
Total Elapsed time = 8288 msec

anybody beleive this.
this came from UPDATER_LOG.txt

if you look it has the exact samefile system as the psp's flash does anyone think this is real. Im not sure about the "leaked service mode ETC"

Last i checked, Sony could spell 'processing'.

The Teej

Also know as The Tjalian
Hey guys I've got a PS3 running in service mode and you don't, i'll release the hack if enough people ask or they donate to my paypal account

PS3ServiceMode.jpg

;) :rolleyes:

BlackBurd

Original Gangstuh
Hey guys I've got a PS3 running in service mode and you don't, i'll release the hack if enough people ask or they donate to my paypal account

[qimg]http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s51/TheTjalian/Video%20Games/PS3ServiceMode.jpg[/qimg]

;) :rolleyes:

what a obvious photoshopped image. theres no trademark logo (as sousinator pointed out)

And the area that the screen is in has a slight shadow over it but not on the area you added. almost nice job though.

Fives

what a obvious photoshopped image. theres no trademark logo (as sousinator pointed out)

And the area that the screen is in has a slight shadow over it but not on the area you added. almost nice job though.

dude it was a joke it was supposed to be obvious