• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Ps3 should i buy it.

canadajames

Soon to be hardware mod
Sounding sweet would I still have enough with if i get the elite and also im in canada and heard I cant get certain things(downloads) so is the noise the only problem because if so and I cant download as much whats the point of adding so much hardrive room?

Shinbu-Otaku

Sounding sweet would I still have enough with if i get the elite and also im in canada and heard I cant get certain things(downloads) so is the noise the only problem because if so and I cant download as much whats the point of adding so much hardrive room?

they have quite a few problems with them, namely the failure rate. a microsoft spokesman was questioned about it, and refused to comment, then the interviewer said 'what about the person who has gone through 7 faulty 360's, what do you say about that' and he refused to comment about tht aswell. by the sounds of things, its quite a general problem, just like the whole disc-scratching tht happened with the first xbox. But, as many people have said, its your money so u spend how u want to, but i would of gone for either the wii or ps3, both of them have so much potential and are being realised really fast, whereas the 360's potential has been reached, or at least almost fully reached, so the standard of games atm is near enough the best its gonna get.

canadajames

Soon to be hardware mod
AAAAAAAAAAA can someone just tell me elite or normal geez. I dont care about all this o no its not gonna reach its potential your just straying from the question I want an xbox 360 everyone I know who has one loves it no trouble yet. So please just tell me which is better I'm almost certainly buying the elite. Just want confirmation.

Roe

I'm buying a xbox360 too and i've been watching this thread so answer the man(and me)

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
Okay, the answer between the Premium and the Elite (The Core system sucks, no HD) is what you have/need. Here are the differences between them-

Premium- Loud runspeed/fans, 20GB HD, normal/HD video out, White Paint
Elite- Quieter runspeed/fans, 120GB HD, normal/HD AND HDMI outs, Black Paint
What they both have- Wireless controller, small remote (for DVDs 'n' such), all cables (plus Elite comes with an HDMI, I believe)

So the choice is really yours, to be honest. If you're going to run it with HDMI and use alotta HD space, then go with the Elite, or if the 80-dollar price difference isn't a big deal to you, go with the Elite, but if you're not going to use buku-space on the HD, don't have an HDTV and that 80 bucks'll make a difference, then go with the Premium. I would suggest Elite, though. Plus, one thing to let you guys know from experience, I would go with the wired controllers- they're cheaper, don't need batteries, and the cords are literally 9ft long. Plus they use USB so you can use 'em on your computer for controllers too. Wired FTW.

BTW, I've had my 360 since last April, no problems at all, no 3RLOD or anything like that, except for one really strange bug- every time I turn the console off the time resets to 11/22/2005. Kinda odd/somewhat annoying, but no big deal. Just figured I'd let you guys know, I'm not one to leave things out.

Roe

Well elite with wired controllers is the way to go for me then and i may as well try to get a nice big flatscreen hd tv for my room to go with it

canadajames

Soon to be hardware mod
Well thanks erveryone for the help and eventual answer I think I getting same as you Roe but I still might get one wireless controller. To bad I have to wait till after I go to Europe this summer not that I don't wanna go just sucks having to wait knowing i get one.

J

Junit

I got a core and a harddrive xD , only reason I got core was becuase wal-mart was selling 360's 100$ off and I didn't think I would play it :O