• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 PSN+ Coming Tomorrow, will you sign up?

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
They always made it clear since it was announced that it was similar do a rental... They just never used that term because it's bad business, that does not take the potential away though xD

It wasn't made too clear as I didn't learn about that until a few days after it was announced and even then had to double-check to make sure that's the way it was.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
It wasn't made too clear as I didn't learn about that until a few days after it was announced and even then had to double-check to make sure that's the way it was.

Really? I understood it day one... xD

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Really? I understood it day one... xD

I might've known but just forgot, I was at the press conference after all... I just remember saying to myself: Man, this sucks (probably because of the caveat that you'll lose your games if you unsubscribe). It's just one of those small things that I shouldn't forget but I just tossed aside in my mind I guess.

It's a nice "rental" service and I hardly play games months after I've bought it unless it has a strong multiplayer component so it might work for me...then again I haven't turned on my PS3 in a while, or 360 for that matter (been meaning too, just too lazy)

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I might've known but just forgot, I was at the press conference after all... I just remember saying to myself: Man, this sucks (probably because of the caveat that you'll lose your games if you unsubscribe). It's just one of those small things that I shouldn't forget but I just tossed aside in my mind I guess.

It's a nice "rental" service and I hardly play games months after I've bought it unless it has a strong multiplayer component so it might work for me...then again I haven't turned on my PS3 in a while, or 360 for that matter (been meaning too, just too lazy)

I like PS+ because it gives me stuff I know I would have never bought. Also the EU PS+ owns the US one.

user friendly

Maybe, but this thread referrs to PSN+ :p

But I was responding to MenaceIce, he quoted me saying I pay for freebies in which I was referring to Qore.

The only reason I purchased Qore was for the freebies you would get on occasion, not for news I could read on the internet. How is PS+ any different? Yeah there's background downloading and beta access but Qore had beta access as well and is background dl'ing really worth any money at all?

Menace then commented:

...you bought freebies?... :S

That is what is wrong with both PSN+ and Qore imo.

Then:

Yes, but the value of freebies over the course of a year ended up being more than what you initially paid making it worth it. ;P

Then:

But you loose them again, once the subscribtion runns off and is not renewed.

Rip off en gros....

:blush: :p

TeamOverload

The only things that are rentals are the free games keep in mind. Any add-ons will still work, themes, items purchased at a discount, etc.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
So are the games that Sony selects for freebies -always- free or is it a time limited deal? Probably has been asked elsewhere, but I haven't been able to find an answer.