• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 PSN+ Monthly Review

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I saw this over at IGN.com and I thought I'd do the same here, just so people who don't have plus can decide if it's worth it to get it or not.

The idea is simple, every time new content is made available (at the beginning of each month) I will download ONLY the free game/DLC (minis do not count) content I DO NOT own and comes as free and discount it from the price I paid when I registered. I will not included LittleBigPlanet as that game is out of the PSN+ deal since it will stay mine, even if I stop my subscription. PSOne classics also do not count.

Code:
------------Month One------------
Playstation Plus           50,00

KezraPlanes

Just some dood

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Meh, no worries. If I ever encounter you IRL, you can just bow down to me instead. I'd consider that adequate compensation :)

You have yourself a deal xD

Hellcat

Contributor
Wait, are you saying you loose access to PSN+ d/l'ed content once the year is over and you do not renew it?

So basically, you payed 50 bucks for nothing (lasting) then, right?

Oh man, PSN+ sucks even more than I initally thought....

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Wait, are you saying you loose access to PSN+ d/l'ed content once the year is over and you do not renew it?

So basically, you payed 50 bucks for nothing (lasting) then, right?

Oh man, PSN+ sucks even more than I initally thought....

Opinions differ. I still think I'll be getting my money's worth when June 2011 comes.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
*bump*

First post updated with this month worthy offerings (though I got more than what I state this month).

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
*bump*

Post updated with this months offerings. From this point on, I'm getting more than I paid for.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
*bump*

Post updated with this months offerings. From this point on, I'm getting more than I paid for.

Seems worth it then. :|
Still, not keeping the 'free' stuff after the subscription would put me off.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Seems worth it then. :|
Still, not keeping the 'free' stuff after the subscription would put me off.

EU People who sing up get as a free bonus "Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty". And it isn't dependant on being a PS+ member too

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I regret getting plus ;_; Its total garage.

Speak for yourself. Opinions differ.

I think it's pretty good and can only get better... My only worry is that content might start running short...

Hellcat

Contributor
I still don't get that thing with "once the subscription runns out, you loose all your PSN+ stuff".... why would I pay for something only to loose again eventually.... still not getting that....

OK, if you try to look at it similar to video rentals from the local video rental store.... hmm.... THAT would start making sense then.

But you'd have (IMHO, only IMO!) to look a bit different at the "sum up" from the first post in that case.... wouldn't you?

/me still is confuzzled over the whole thing....

I want that GoW demo they're giving with PSN+ this month xD
Anyone knows if it's US only or also available for EU?

Robby

Los Doyers!
I still don't get that thing with "once the subscription runns out, you loose all your PSN+ stuff".... why would I pay for something only to loose again eventually.... still not getting that....

OK, if you try to look at it similar to video rentals from the local video rental store.... hmm.... THAT would start making sense then.

But you'd have (IMHO, only IMO!) to look a bit different at the "sum up" from the first post in that case.... wouldn't you?

* Hellcat;193225 still is confuzzled over the whole thing....

Yeah, I see this as a waste for me.

Probably because the PS3 is my second console I play while the xbox360 is my main unit. So there may be a time where I don't want to renew my PSN+ subscription and lose all the stuff I downloaded, and if I feel like playing it maybe once, I'll have to renew my subscription or buy the game.
Sony basically hooks you into renewing so you don't feel like you are going to lose your content. Especially once they actually start releasing worthwhile stuff, if they ever do.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood

* Hellcat;193225 still is confuzzled over the whole thing....

Well I prefer this over paying to play online and having a few useless sports stuff xD About the GoW demo, I think it should come even if a a week later... If it does come exclusively for Plus members I think I can pass it down to you :p

Yeah, I see this as a waste for me.

Probably because the PS3 is my second console I play while the xbox360 is my main unit. So there may be a time where I don't want to renew my PSN+ subscription and lose all the stuff I downloaded, and if I feel like playing it maybe once, I'll have to renew my subscription or buy the game.
Sony basically hooks you into renewing so you don't feel like you are going to lose your content. Especially once they actually start releasing worthwhile stuff, if they ever do.

Microsoft hooks you into paying to be able to play online (which I think is total garbage) so as I stated above, I prefer paying and getting good games on PSN, since most of the content I'm getting, I would never buy from PSN.

As for the content quality, opinions differ but I believe some very worthwhile stuff had been offered already... Next months PSN games is Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (which I already own from the US Store, but oh well) which is also cool.

As I said a few months ago, everyone measures up the quality of this service by the use they give it... Someone like BlackSheep thinks it's worthless because he was expecting to get only AAA titles for free (which was an idiotic idea), in my case I knew from day 1 not all content will be of my appeal and that there's going to be tons of stuff I couldn't care less about (Game Trials and Discounted DLC) but the game content I get if more than good enough.

Having said that, I look forward to playing the whole season of Sam and Max they offered me this month :p

Robby

Los Doyers!
If most of the content you are getting, you normally wouldn't have bought, it must not be that good then :p