• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 PSN+ Monthly Review

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Bah, if BC2 is anything to go by retail games are still beta quality.

The worst thing that happened to console games was internet connectivity.

LocutusEstBorg

The worst thing that happened to console games was internet connectivity.

That's what I've been thinking the entire time. I've avoided saying anything to not insult people. Multiplayer console games just feel lame and crappy. Only someone with no respect for quality and comprehensive features of a service can put up with that bullshit. It's the reason for the MW2 PC nerdrage.

When there was no patch 'escape route' developers had to put in the effort to get their shit right the first time. Not to mention the fucking ADC... I mean DLC racket. They just throw together some shit that any community modder will do 100x better and for free, and charge for it.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
That's what I've been thinking the entire time. I've avoided saying anything to not insult people. Multiplayer console games just feel lame and crappy. Only someone with no respect for quality and comprehensive features of a service can put up with that bullshit. It's the reason for the MW2 PC nerdrage.

When there was no patch 'escape route' developers had to put in the effort to get their shit right the first time.

so, you'd rather put up with playing aginst lame AI all the time?, patches offer a chance for developers to fix issues that may arise when a mass amount of players play the game, and report issues, seriously, do u have any idea the difficulty it would be to fully 100% test games like oblivion, fallout, or any 3D game with expandable worlds for every nook+cranny of issues that might occur when a set of conditions arise that the developers didn't account for.

LocutusEstBorg

The 'system' is always created with good intentions. Then someone decides to use it to scam the consumer out of more money and everyone follows suit. Point in case: ADC and most DLC.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
The 'system' is always created with good intentions. Then someone decides to use it to scam the consumer out of more money. Point in case: ADC and most DLC.

how is it cheating the system by offering extra content at a price, you feel people shouldn't get payed for hard work on expanding a game's world?

LocutusEstBorg

No. Except for quality stuff like the GTA IV expansions. The rest of it is bullshit I can do in my free time. Or stuff that's intentionally removed from the game. It was never done before, and new levels and stuff have ALWAYS been free on PC right up to CoD4.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood

Before internet connectivity developers were forced to give you the best game they could because they could not patch them. Now most of the time you get buggy games that get over 1000 patches before they give you the experience they should on DAY ONE.

Robby

Los Doyers!
I'm glad there is online gameplay.
If I had to keep playing against the AI, I would have quit gaming a long time ago.

AI can never be as good as a human player, can never be as smart and unpredictable.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I'm glad there is online gameplay.
If I had to keep playing against the AI, I would have quit gaming a long time ago.

AI can never be as good as a human player, can never be as smart and unpredictable.

That was never put into question. What was however was the decrease in overall quality of releases this gen, which is horrible. That was my original point though.

Riorio99

I'm going to agree with Kezra here. In the old days, if a game shipped and it was buggy or glitched, it got recalled and the publisher lost profit. It made sure the developers made a relatively bug free experience. Now, a half finished game can be released, and it'll just get a patch three weeks later or whatever. Not the ideal situation for those who buy the game day one or can't get online to patch their game.

I'm all for online multiplayer, but using online as a fix for lazy or rushed development is just poor.

A good example is the release of Bully: Scholarship Edition on Xbox360, the game shipped fine on the Wii and was good on PS2, but the 360 version was bugged out requiring a patch for it to run correctly.