• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP PSP-1004 Brick

SirrBeele

Hello , I had a PSP-1004 with custom firmware
( don't know wich one anymore my friend installed it :mellow: )

but i went experimenting on my psp so i tried to instal M33-Gen or something dont know for sure and my psp bricked :argh:

i have nog 3.52 M33 how can i get it back on a firmware where i can download and play games again :bored:

Can some1 help me ?? :confused1:

Grtz SirrBeele

january39

eXo Staff
3.52 M33 is a CFW, best advice is to check the Faq section.

How do you know you have bricked it?

dennis96411

Piracy is not tolerated here.

Rubr1K

Ghettosmurf
Can you access the recovery menu or not?

SirrBeele

yea i can use the recovery menu message shows M33 recovery menu , but i can't seem to find anything usefull :s

Toggle USB->
Configuration-> ( for umd and logo when starting )
Advanced -> ( toggle usb flash0 ,...)
CPU Speed->
Plugins->
Registery Hacks->(flash player and wma)

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 PM ----------

3.52 M33 is a CFW, best advice is to check the Faq section.

How do you know you have bricked it?

Black screen when starting up :s

MenaceInc

Staff Member
yea i can use the recovery menu message shows M33 recovery menu , but i can't seem to find anything usefull :s

Toggle USB->
Configuration-> ( for umd and logo when starting )
Advanced -> ( toggle usb flash0 ,...)
CPU Speed->
Plugins->
Registery Hacks->(flash player and wma)

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 PM ----------

Black screen when starting up :s

Is there no option for "Run program at /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP"?

If you can't run a program from the recovery menu then the best bet is to make a magic memory stick with Pandora Deluxe ( http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=8597 ) on your PC. Making the Pandora battery will be a bit more tricky. If you have a friend with a cfw psp then you could get them to make one but if you don't know anyone then you'll have to either buy a pre-made pandora battery or hard-mod one.

SirrBeele

The option to run program at /PSP/Game/Recovery/eboot.pbp is there but it says , this program needs a 2.71 to run properly

, if running on 3.52 or lower ,luanch thid program from the xmb and make sure kernel is set 3.xx.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
The option to run program at /PSP/Game/Recovery/eboot.pbp is there but it says , this program needs a 2.71 to run properly

, if running on 3.52 or lower ,luanch thid program from the xmb and make sure kernel is set 3.xx.

you MAY be able to use Hellcat's Recovery Flasher, http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=8383 , to flash back to a usable firmware but I'm not sure if it'll work for definite. There's an eboot in that release that you can set in the recovery folder which I used to fix a brick a short while ago.

SirrBeele

okej i wil try that Thx

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

you MAY be able to use Hellcat's Recovery Flasher, http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=8383 , to flash back to a usable firmware but I'm not sure if it'll work for definite. There's an eboot in that release that you can set in the recovery folder which I used to fix a brick a short while ago.

i've tried to use it but always gives me error's about the versions , i put 371.PBP-380-390-401 and 500.PBP in mp_root and tried to instal the firmware but give me errors that it could not be found ??

Rubr1K

Ghettosmurf
You're supposed to place the files in the ACTUAL root of the memory stick. The root is the top level folder of a drive, where all the files are located.

i.e
ms0:/ = root
ms0:/MP_ROOT =/= root. MP_Root is a folder.

Place the files in the location of the memory cards where the PSP folder is present, along with MUSIC, VIDEO, PICTURE and so forth.

Alex

As soon as your psp memory stick opens, (where you see the folders, PSP,VIDEO,PICTURE) You put the eboot there :)

SirrBeele

aah ok i will try that :)

---------- Post added at 05:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

THX For all the help guy's !!!!
It's working again :)

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 PM ----------

This thread can be closed i guess :D