• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP 2000 4.01 OFW and PSP 3000 Hardware Hack Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellcat

Contributor
OK, enough with the flamewar.

@Bubbles:
Also the ENcryption keys are in KIRK? Wow, what a security flaw *lol*

explosions

Both the algorithm and keys are in KIRK though, so if you get your hands on KIRK, you're pretty much all in. Both KIRK and the pre-IPL are on the CPU, and it's likely they patched the pre-IPL correctly, in which case a dumped one isn't going to have any use. In that case you'd need KIRK, so why not go for that in the first place? ;)

If KIRK is so important, why hasn't it been dumped? Is it a painfully long process?

Bill

Ask Datel to do it. It'd be easy for them.

Also: I thought KIRK encryption was broken already?

EDIT: Something about a timing attack on KIRK? I don't remember too well.

Triklops

Well its Die actually not Dye, which is a small piece of electronic-grade silicon that forms the base of a processor circuit but really..is something as complicated as die analysis even possible by..a group of enthusiasts at best..I mean a project like this would really require some decent amount of funding and a lab to carry out complex processes like optical lithography etc.

As a proud owner of a 88v3 I've been praying for D-Day but the more I learn the more I get to realize the sad fact that Sony may have finally had the last laugh..regardless my wishes are with you gentlemen..one can never really say for certain.

One question though, shouldn't the Spock code also be dumped along with the Kirk code or is it just for UMD decryption?

Bill

is something as complicated as die analysis even possible by..a group of enthusiasts at best..I mean a project like this would really require some decent amount of funding and a lab to carry out complex processes like optical lithography etc.

DATEL is probably the only place in the world right now where we could hope a die analysis of the psp could be done since they are the only ones with that technology who would consider it(and may already have).

freesoul

Filipino
A leak from Datel would be a big help.Since they couldn't release any hack cozsony will sue them again like the Datel Lite Blue Tool.

It is like finding a needle in a bag of hay stock. Hard but not impossible.

Triklops

I got a better idea..lets make a team of say eleven..

The plan is to break into Datel labs and steal all their equips. Now to find someone for the part of Daniel Ocean..

/applies for the part of Rusty

explosions

Datel was a scam!!! I dont trust them any more.

Maybe they dislike people with no knowledge of grammar? Much like 80% of people here. I've never been scammed by them. I assume, with an angry email containing no structure, they would've simply ignored me though.

BlackSheep

Maybe they dislike people with no knowledge of grammar? Much like 80% of people here. I've never been scammed by them. I assume, with an angry email containing no structure, they would've simply ignored me though.

Umm the Blue Lite Tool was suppose to work on the 3K but it did not.

Dan

Contributor
Umm the Blue Lite Tool was suppose to work on the 3K but it did not.

To be honest you would have had to be a bit stupid to have bought that battery. It was released shortly after the 3000, as if the 3000 could have been hacked that quickly anyway.

The Pandora for 1k worked perfect for me anyway, and it was like

Status
Not open for further replies.