• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP PSP 2000 Questions

phoenixv5

After posting topics about 3000, and Go PSPs, these are the ones about a PSP 2000:
1) On a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being worst and 10 being best) how will you rate the durability of a PSP 2000 (the PSP 1000 broke pretty fast, and 3000 and Go seem a lot more durable)!
2) This might seem weird, but.. how do you BRICK a PSP 2000 :eek:hmy: (in an undoable way)?
3) When I used a PSP-1000 Pandora battery, it would allow me to flash the PSP to CFW, but won't start the PSP in normal mode, like it used to in the 1000!!! Why?
4) Is it possible to buy one from somewhere (New/Used)? I'm in India!
5) Is it possible to get some spare parts for it? I need memory card cover, battery cover and that latch which holds the battery cover in! (Pretty battered I know!)

phoenixv5

Why no reply??

kaioshade

Duality
Some of the questions you are asking might be a bit difficult for some to answer.

In my experience the psp 2k has been pretty solid in terms of durability. i would probably rate it about a 7-8. i never owned one for long periods so i dont know long term.

as far as spare parts, llamma has a decent stock of parts for the psp.

phoenixv5

llamma?

kaioshade

Duality
llamma.com

carries a variety of parts for systems.

phoenixv5

Doesn't have the parts I require, but some stuff there are useful. Thanks

Deathrow

1) 8. Good durability, but wears and tears are the given over the years.
2) Bricking a PSP involves making user mistakes who doesn't read the directions carefully. When it says updating, don't be a moron and shutdown your PSP like it says not too. Their are many ways to brick a PSP. Be sure to read a lot up on it before the operation.
3) Probably need to redo to operation, or you missed a direction.
4) Most likely online, or perhaps whatever pawn/game store you have around you (if their is one)
5) Yes, by checking websites through google. Please search for these answers, their practically on the internet.

phoenixv5

2) Bricking a PSP involves making user mistakes who doesn't the directions carefully. When it says updating, don't be a moron and shutdown your PSP like it says not too. Their are many ways to brick a PSP. Be sure to read a lot up on it before the operation.
3) Probably need to redo to operation, or you missed a direction.

Maybe you misunderstood?
2) I meant how CAN I brick it (as in, I want to brick it)! That's why I said weird.
3) It works in the PSP 1000, but not in the 2000! While in Pandora-mode, I can work the PSP with the MMS (made with Rain's MMS Maker). And also, it's hard modded and I don't have a solder!
The question I meant to ask is, "if I softmod the 2000's battery and use an MMS, will the PSP work while in Pandora-mode?
Because, if it doesn't, I don't have a spare PSP to de-pandorize it!

Deathrow

2. Wrong, you've missed the point. There are many ways to brick a PSP. From improper use of flash0-2 to improper use of user created software, you can brick it many ways. You just need to do some research on your machine and understand its limits.
3. Your PSP 2000 may be unflashable, meaning it has a motherboard TA-88v3 or higher. Normally, you want PSP batteries from your own model to downgrade/hack it.

phoenixv5

[2]
Also, if I, say, delete a file from flash0, it will be bricked right?
Is there such a file that can be deleted to temporarily brick it, and then, later, restore it by flashing to 3.80M33?

[3]
No it's below TA-088v3, because of 3 reasons....
1) Date code=8B.
2) Boots into recovery menu (or the flashing menu or whichever) of Rain-MMS+Pandora Combination....
3) Already flashed it to 3.80 M33 and it's working.

I just said, I can't start into XMB using pandora battery and MMS!
I CAN access the flashing menu, which is how I flashed it to 3.80M33!!

phoenixv5

Need an answer ASAP....
Is it possible to update from 5.00m33-6 to OFW 6.35 DIRECTLY??
Using a PSP2000 mobo<ta-088v3!

Edit:
Got answer....
Apparently it is possible...

Rubr1K

Ghettosmurf
After posting topics about 3000, and Go PSPs, these are the ones about a PSP 2000:
1) On a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being worst and 10 being best) how will you rate the durability of a PSP 2000 (the PSP 1000 broke pretty fast, and 3000 and Go seem a lot more durable)!
2) This might seem weird, but.. how do you BRICK a PSP 2000 :eek:hmy: (in an undoable way)?
3) When I used a PSP-1000 Pandora battery, it would allow me to flash the PSP to CFW, but won't start the PSP in normal mode, like it used to in the 1000!!! Why?
4) Is it possible to buy one from somewhere (New/Used)? I'm in India!
5) Is it possible to get some spare parts for it? I need memory card cover, battery cover and that latch which holds the battery cover in! (Pretty battered I know!)

1. Definitely 9. The UMD door can at times feel a bit unstable but the overall build quality of PSP Slims/3000's are great. I have two slims and they're still working fine. (I've literally traveled the world with them)

2. You write a bad NAND dump to your PSP. It'll be beyond repair. (Basically a NAND that isn't from your PSP or a NAND dump that for some reason is corrupt). If the Slim in question is capable of running full CFW you would be able to recover ANY brick (except for a NAND brick) with a Pandoras battery, while the TA-088v3 Slim's as well as the PSP 3000's CANNOT in any way be recovered from a brick, not even a semi brick.

3. Elaborate. I don't really understan your question. Phat batteries work in Phats, slims and brites. Slim batteries work in slims and brites, and brite batteries work in slims and brites. However a slim/brite battery wont work in a Phat.
If the Phat battery is hardmodded it can't really be reversed (it's really tricky) while soft mods can be reversed if your PSP is capable if writing to the batteries EEPROM. (Only Phat's and Slim TA-085v1 can do this)

4. A PSP Slim? well, yeah sure. But I wouldn't know where. I live in Europe.

5. dealextreme.com.

Need an answer ASAP....
Is it possible to update from 5.00m33-6 to OFW 6.35 DIRECTLY??
Using a PSP2000 mobo<ta-088v3!

Edit:
Got answer....
Apparently it is possible...
No. the TA-088v3 is not Pandora compatible and can therefore NOT run 5.00 M33. (The firmware isn't compatible with the CPU anyway)
Either you got your motherboard version mixed up, or you got your firmware digits mixed up.

However, if you are running full CFW and for some reason want to trade this for HEN (bad move IMO when 5.50 GEN gets you all the CFW joy the 6.35 does, and more.) you can simply run the 6.35 updater from the XMB.

phoenixv5

3. Elaborate. I don't really understan your question. Phat batteries work in Phats, slims and brites. Slim batteries work in slims and brites, and brite batteries work in slims and brites. However a slim/brite battery wont work in a Phat.
If the Phat battery is hardmodded it can't really be reversed (it's really tricky) while soft mods can be reversed if your PSP is capable if writing to the batteries EEPROM. (Only Phat's and Slim TA-085v1 can do this)

It's like this. The Phat-Pandora battery doesn't work properly in 2000.
It won't allow booting into XMB, fro some reason.
The battery and MMS works, as I used them to flash a CFW!

No. the TA-088v3 is not Pandora compatible and can therefore NOT run 5.00 M33. (The firmware isn't compatible with the CPU anyway)
Either you got your motherboard version mixed up, or you got your firmware digits mixed up.
I said '<' ta-088v3. Someone should really come up with a better name for fully hackable 2000s!

However, if you are running full CFW and for some reason want to trade this for HEN (bad move IMO when 5.50 GEN gets you all the CFW joy the 6.35 does, and more.) you can simply run the 6.35 updater from the XMB.

It's nothing like that....
I wanted to unhack it (for personal reasons) and REMOVE the features of CFW/HEN.....

Rubr1K

Ghettosmurf
It's like this. The Phat-Pandora battery doesn't work properly in 2000.
It won't allow booting into XMB, fro some reason.
The battery and MMS works, as I used them to flash a CFW!

Of course it doesn't work properly. Pandora's can't be used to boot straight into the XMB unless you have an IPL on your memstick that DOES boot the XMB. That's the sole idea of the pandora's battery, loading the IPL from the memory card instead of the flash0.

I said '<' ta-088v3. Someone should really come up with a better name for fully hackable 2000s
There is one. "Hackable Slim" for hackable slims. Doesn't get much more simple. (HEN limited slims are usually referred to as unhackable slims, or "Slim TA-088v3". Saying <ta-088v3 is just confusing.

It's nothing like that....
I wanted to unhack it (for personal reasons) and REMOVE the features of CFW/HEN.....
Oh, well then just run the X.XX updator from the XMB and format the memory card. (assuming you'd want to erase all signs of CFW, memory stick formats would remove all homebrew, plugins etc instead of manually deleting all that)

phoenixv5

Of course it doesn't work properly. Pandora's can't be used to boot straight into the XMB unless you have an IPL on your memstick that DOES boot the XMB. That's the sole idea of the pandora's battery, loading the IPL from the memory card instead of the flash0.

It worked just fine on the PSP 1000!!!

Rubr1K

Ghettosmurf
It worked just fine on the PSP 1000!!!
So the pandora would boot to the XMB on the Phat but not on the Slim?

Honestly I'm really confused. The pandora is supposed to load the IPL from the memory card, no matter how you look at it. And if it loads the XMB without checking the memory stick then it's not a pandoras battery.

phoenixv5

I used it to flash a CFW on both slim and phat!!!

phoenixv5

@Psyko
Why I can't boot into the Slim XMB when I used the battery.

@UserUnknown
Neither.
Like I said I could flash CFWs and work it in the phat!