• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP PSP 2000 Questions

Rubr1K

Ghettosmurf
I'm honestly still confused. Are you saying the battery will load the XMB on the phat?

Nevermind, let's start fresh. I'll forget everything I've read and just reply to the latest post, so I can get my facts straight. There's obviously been a misunderstanding.

JigKick batteries wont allow to you boot into the XMB. The JigKick battery will look for an IPL on the memory card instead. This is why pandora's battery (JigKick battery + magic memorystick (MMS)) is used to hack PSP's. It allows us to boot our own IPL's from the memory card instead of the flash0 that we can't access without a kernel type of exploit.

However, if you install the right IPL (I've been out of the scene for a while, but I know there is a homebrew that can do this for you, I can find it for you if you want it) on the memory card, you CAN use the pandora as a secondary battery and boot the PSP by loading the flash0 through the memory stick IPL.

I hope this answers your question. If not, tell me what I got wrong.

phoenixv5

Nope still not right...
Okay I'll clarify (like you said forget everything so far).....

First off, I have a hardmodded Pandora battery.
Next I have an MMS made with Rain's MMS maker.

Second, there are two PSPs, a 1000 (PHAT) and a hackable 2000 (SLIM)

Third, there are two (bootup) modes.. 1) into XMB & 2) into CFW-flashing-menu..

When I use the Pandora-Rain MMS combination the following are noted:
1) (PHAT) Boots into XMB when I press nothing.
2) (PHAT) Boots into CFW-flashing-menu when I press L trigger during startup
3) (SLIM) Boots into CFW-flashing-menu when I press L trigger during startup

4) (SLIM) DOES NOT boot into XMB when I press nothing.

Rubr1K

Ghettosmurf
Are you using the same memory stick for the two PSP's? While the universal unbricker is, as the name suggests, universal, I'm not sure if the IPL used to boot to the XMB is the same cross different PSP models.

phoenixv5

Yes I am!
Then that must be why!
Although I didn't see different options in Rain's App, it must be the reason.