• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

psp can't upgrade past 3.90 m33

bennington

Hello,
My psp wont upgrade past 3.90. Ive tried both cfw and ofw- any version above 3.90 and the installation says its succesful, but it wont restart after installation.

I have tried dc7 and 8, with the same results. If flash 3.90 or lower- it works fine. Higher and it bricks.

This is a slim psp that has run cfw 5.0+ in the past.

Any idea what the problem is? Thanks for any help at all!

ultimakillz

Teh Fett Mawn
odd. i assume you've tried to install a higher cfw/ofw using hellcats recovery flasher?

bennington

Thanks!

I have. I backed up my nand and tried using a known working nand. Same results. 3.90 works, 4.01 doesnt.

I also tried formatting lflash and creating a new idstorage. Again, it seemed to make no difference. Its really strange to me that some versions would work and others not. I wonder if I have some hardware issue that is only affected by versions 4 and up.

Ive done quite a bit of reading on it and Im not finding much that matches my situation. I appreciate your help.