• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP PSP Custom Firmware 5.00 M33

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
The store works fine here. I'm signing in from the same account I use on my PS3. The fact that Sony would ban people from PSN just for using custom firmware is *highly* unlikely. However, if you're using a cheat device in an online game, that could get you banned.

neverletthem

The store works fine here. I'm signing in from the same account I use on my PS3. The fact that Sony would ban people from PSN just for using custom firmware is *highly* unlikely. However, if you're using a cheat device in an online game, that could get you banned.

I am also signing on with the same account, can access it. If Sony bans people with CFW, they would be banning a LOT of people. Which means they won't buy any of the stuff available. Which means Sony would lose money. Which is bad. There's no point for them to ban us.

tobma

update error on phat:

the system configuration of this PSP system does not appear to be correct. The update cannot be completed. Contact technical support for assistance. (DRNFFFFFFBO)

Hanzo_f19

[insert custom user title here]
<p>Few questions before updating:</p>
<p>1- Anyone got banned from the Store? XD
2- Do most of the plugins(4.01) work?
3- Themes from 4.01 work on it?
4- fatmsmod works on it? 8both decrypted and encrypted)
5- Any bugs so far?
6- 1.50 kernel included? probably not. Is it gonna be released?</p>

Free4All

<p>4.01 themes do not work, read so far plugins a buggy or non working...not banned yetno kernal addon..</p>
<p>tomba.. i dunno then i got that whole error for my phat.. but i using a a MMS that still had the 4.01.pbp.. i so i figure they crossed and thats why i got the blue screen.. but i went back to 4.01m33 then i used my non 8gigmms and it went thru fine</p>

neverletthem

Well, for those of you with PSX games that you want to play, currently DA has a fix posted on his forums. Copy and pasted:
Some people have noticed an error 0xFFFFFFFF appearing launching their psx games.

The reason of this is due to some converters like psx2psp using 32 bits depth when converting the png icon, and new pops only support 24 bits format.

In future versions M33 will check if the depth is invalid, and in that case replace the icon by the dracula one, anyways this is not critical, and an update won't be released only for this.

If you want to make those psx games work in this version, reconvert them using popstation command line tool and using a 80x80 24 bits png icon. Alternativelly if you want to continue using psx2psp and you don0t mind about savedata icon being dracula one, go to options in psx2psp, and in icon0 select "Old default".

So, I'm guessing they still do work with 5.00M33. Testing now.

EDIT: I can now confirm this fixes it.

icedman204

<p>I just tested Pops loader on CFW 5.00 it DOES NOT work. you try loading any other POP's from it, you get a blank screen then the old error of (DADADA).</p>
<p>I guess we'd have to wait for a update to the popsloader from DA. Which i hope would be soon, because all my PSX games on my PSP slim hang after the Software developers logo.</p>

storekeeper

Please advice me regarding this new update:

- Overall, is it highly recommended to upgarde to CFW 5.00 M33 for it's new performance / function.? (Other than the PSOne emu problems coz I dun really play PSX games) and is it better that 4.01 M33-2.?
- Can I upgrade from 3.90 M33 straight away to 5.00 M33.? Or Must from 3.90 M33 to 4.01 M33 then to 5.00 M33.?

Thanks guys.

Kairu43

<p>store keeper</p>
<p>you should be good going from 3.90 m33 to 5.00 m33. The main addition here is the psn store. From my understanding of it if you don't want the store I don't think you really need the upgrade if your happy where you are. If you use plugins right now they may not work right now if you upgrade because the developers haven't had time to adapt it to the current kernal. Hope that helped.</p>

ree2j

<p>hi there!!</p>
<p>Is it okey if I go directly from 3.90 M33 to
5.00 M33?</p>
<p>a little help plss??</p>