• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP PSP Custom Firmware 5.00 M33

Dragar

Finally got it installed and it ROCKS!
I love the new XMB and the keyboard. haven't had a chance to try out the store yet but im sure it will be great.

dennis96411

I tried to translate the Recovery Menu into Chinese Simplified, but it doesn't do anything, I put ch1_recovery.txt in both ms0:/SEPLUGINS and flash1:/ but it doesn't change. Did I do something wrong?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

letmedia

hy all ... i jut get psp phat with 5.00 ... and i download that 2 files and put them in UPDATE folder but when i try to run it it says . The game cannot be started. The data is currupted ... what should i do ?

erasef301

<p>Hello...
I am new to PSP modding. I just bought a brand new PSP that has NEVER been modded. Can I skip all the previous updates and just use the 5.0 M33 firmware, or do I need to do all of the other upgrades first?</p>
<p>Do I need a special battery to mod my system as I've read in a few forums?</p>
<p>Where can I download all of the necessary firmwares and files?</p>
<p>Where can I download Emulators (NES/SEGA etc)?</p>
<p>Where can I download cool programs like the Iphone for PSP? I saw it on Youtube?</p>
<p>Thanks everyone.</p>

solarnoise

Hey x3sphere, how severe are those PNG errors? I've converted a lot of my PSX games and I'm not sure if they're going to cause me problems...

I mean, if those errors render the games unplayable or anything I'd rather not upgrade.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hey x3sphere, how severe are those PNG errors? I've converted a lot of my PSX games and I'm not sure if they're going to cause me problems...

I mean, if those errors render the games unplayable or anything I'd rather not upgrade.

Dark_AleX released an updated popcorn.prx that fixes the issue:

http://www.dark-alex.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=1541&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

The downside to this, is that it will replace any 32-bit icons with the standard Dracula icon. So if you used PSX2PSP and want to keep your icons, then it is probably a good idea to wait.

Jake

hi is 5.00m33 ok for a japan import psp

Yes, there is only one psp firmware works for any type

<p>Hello...
I am new to PSP modding. I just bought a brand new PSP that has NEVER been modded. Can I skip all the previous updates and just use the 5.0 M33 firmware, or do I need to do all of the other upgrades first?</p>
<p>Do I need a special battery to mod my system as I've read in a few forums?</p>
<p>Where can I download all of the necessary firmwares and files?</p>
<p>Where can I download Emulators (NES/SEGA etc)?</p>
<p>Where can I download cool programs like the Iphone for PSP? I saw it on Youtube?</p>
<p>Thanks everyone.</p>

It depends what type you got and what firmware is on it. Start here: http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=6832

<p>How do you install without previos custom firmware</p>

Read this: http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=6832