• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP PSP Custom Firmware 5.00 M33

Nomo

psplogo4.jpg

Update: Dark_AleX has released a statement regarding the 0xFFFFFFFF PSOne error in 5.00 M33. According to Alex, the issue is due to the new pops supporting only PNG images in 24 bits format. PSOne conversion applications, such as PSX2PSP, save icons in 32 bit. Future M33 releases will automatically replace an icon with an invalid color depth.

To work around this issue, either use the original command line PSOne conversion tool, or select the “Old Default” icon type under options in PSX2PSP.

5.00 M33
----------

Instructions: Copy UPDATE folder /PSP/GAME/ and run.
Put the 5.00 sony update as 500.PBP in same folder, or let the program download it for you using a wifi connection.

Changes:
- 4.01 to 5.00

- Bug fix: when changing speed in xmb, and the psp turned the brightness to 0 automatically the speed was reseted to 222 again.

Note to pspstates plugin users: this plugin won't work in this firmware due to it being made
specifically for 4.01. Running it in 5.00 M33 can cause problems, wait until an update of plugin.

- Translating the recovery.
To translate the recovery create a text file in ms0:/seplugins/xx_recovery.txt
or flash1:/xx_recoery.txt (they are evaluated in that order), where xx is the language code
of your language:

es -> spanish
en -> english
fr -> french
de -> german
it -> italian
ja -> japanese
ko -> korean
nl -> netherlands
pt -> portuguese
ru -> russian
ch1 -> chinese simplified
ch2 -> chinese traditional

The file en_recovery.txt in translate folder is included for people to translate to their languages, this file is not needed for english people, as the english language is used when no language file is found.
Just change the english strings to your language ones, and put it in the path mentioned above. Be careful to check in the recovery that the lines look fine, don't use too large text.

The spanish file es_recovery.txt will be written by the program in the memory stick.

There it is.

Changes:

- 4.01 to 5.00

- Bug fix: when changing speed in xmb, and the psp turned the brightness to 0 automatically the speed was reseted to 222 again.

Download PSP Custom Firmware 5.00 M33
/ 500.PBP

january39

eXo Staff
Excellent - Nice One DA

Jake

I didn't expect it so quickly, and I think the new waves are ugly.:laugh: Good thing Sony thought to leave the "classic" theme in there.

And DaX's site is down already.

biro

The one behind second 5.03 exploit
i am using OFW 5.00 so did alex find an exploit that makes me downgrade to 1.50 then to 5.00 M33

Jake

i am using OFW 5.00 so did alex find an exploit that makes me downgrade to 1.50 then to 5.00 M33

I'm sure there would be lots of posts about it if he has. Although if your on a slim or phat you can probably use the pandora method.

@Dragar:
You can skip the battery check by holding R and Triangle when you start the update, I did, but keep the charger plugged in to be safe.

Squuiid

can't install. It just won;t do it. Says incorrect file. Have tried from GAME folder and autoupdate. Says 5.00.PBP doesn't exist.
Even if I then try to download it from the internet when it prompts, no go.

Any ideas guys?
Thanks

Dragar

can't install. It just won;t do it. Says incorrect file. Have tried from GAME folder and autoupdate. Says 5.00.PBP doesn't exist.
Even if I then try to download it from the internet when it prompts, no go.

Any ideas guys?
Thanks
Download it from the link on the first post and place it in your update folder

Phreaker47

I would like to know if the OFW had some kind of protection measure in place since there was a rumor floating the other day that "hackers" wouldn't be able to use the new store. People signing in with PSN accounts they already have on their PS3 might be concerned.