• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP-Filer Suggestions

chemist

Staff infection
Good thing i never need to edit text on the go. I would hate to write with the psp writing thing im kind of slow using it. I even hate writing the UMD's name using your UMD ripper but i am a little lazy so that may be part of the problem.
...oh well
Was the wifi transfer thing already on your list?

Tsakos

my pc is broken and im posting that from my psp. Sorry for being too lazy.. ok here is my new wishlist, that time i really used my brain before posting that.

1. ability to open RAR achives. (read only)
2. ability to open EBOOT.PBP files (read only)
3. ability to edit txt files (very useful for prx plugins)
4. a feature to create a ms0:/log.txt
so that we can see what kind of stuff we copied the last time we used the app to flash a theme.
5. a future to play AT3 files.

mediumgauge

Developer
my pc is broken and im posting that from my psp. Sorry for being too lazy.. ok here is my new wishlist, that time i really used my brain before posting that.

1. ability to open RAR achives. (read only)
2. ability to open EBOOT.PBP files (read only)
3. ability to edit txt files (very useful for prx plugins)
4. a feature to create a ms0:/log.txt
so that we can see what kind of stuff we copied the last time we used the app to flash a theme.
5. a future to play AT3 files.

In this week I was trying to read unrar source, and I found it TERRIBLY DIRTY. They are very complexed, very few comments, not separated by their function (example, console output & extract algorythm), and many global functions & variables are defined. I may give up to extract RAR.

I don't know how to open EBOOT.PBP. What does it mean?

Creating operation log is interesting. I did not understand at first, but by your article, I understand what to do. I will add it in my TODO list.

AT3 requires kernel mode. I have to search more information about it.

Tsakos

first of all thanks for your reply :) now about the opening eboot files i mean extract the contents of it, like ELF files ect. its not very useful tho.. just an idea.
btw the AT3 idea is good to hear the sounds/music from an iso before ripping them :) plus: im using the 4.1 version and i noticed a bug with the wallpaper/background it is fixed in 4.31?

Tsakos

ms0:/log.txt example:
PSP Filer v.4.xx started at MM/DD/YYYY - HH:MM:SS
ms0:/
[Deleted] PSP/GAME/GPSP
[Deleted] PSP/GAME/GPSP%
Flash0:/
[Deleted] F0:/DIC (Success=2048mb free up)
[Copied] F0:/vsh/recource/topmenu_plugin.rco (Failed=file already exists)
Exiting... (Success)

TimTiger

Way to addicted to games.
I would like to eventually see full 3.xx support. Love filer but cant really use it to it's full potential on the slim.

Moca

I have a suggestion.
How about adding a feature to print the size of all the files inside an entire directory? :)

mediumgauge

Developer
supporting to write flash0 on kernel3 is not easy, I tried a lot but not succeed.
calculating folder size, I will bind the feature in the next (4.5) release.

Tsakos

your TODO list is AMAZING!!! :w00t: - btw can you add AT3 support too? :p
also i discovered a bug in file/folder renaming, it doesnt show the letters you are typing.

thanks for all your hard work 8)

-Tsakos-

Ecko

1f u c4n r34d th1s u r34lly n33d t0 g37 l41d
Umm... how about a more user friendly interface? Or at least no so tiny.

Moca

There's nothing wrong with the user interface. Personally, I feel that PSPFiler doesn't need to be a bulky application with many unneeded features. The GUI is simple and it has excellent features for a file browser/manager, which is it's purpose. People just want so much extra things unrelated to file browsing in general. For example, a web browser as mentioned before :| .

I have a simple suggestion for the GUI. The ability to change the default background color from black to a different color. This way, the user wouldn't have to apply a bmp just to change the background color.

chemist

Staff infection
suggestion

I was wondering if you could change the UMD ripping feature so when your memory card gets filled before its finished ripping you can also delete files and continue your process.

Tsakos

you should include eboot.pbp extracter so we can extract the files inside like data.psp

Thats what i said... a feature to open eboot.pbp files and extract them somewhere in the memory stick.

Also a AT3 player would be great. So we could see what music/sound the file is before ripping it from the iso/cso.

EvilSeph

Administrator
I was thinking of making PSP Filer the "ultimate PSP toolkit". By that, I mean useful features, not anything and everything. I said toolkit, not bloat.

Darkchild

The Doctor
Hmm before I forget...Sometimes I wanna copy big files from a Memory card to another... and cannot access the computer, it'd be cool if filer could have this!

Richlando

That would depend on how big the files are right? They have to be held in the Ramdisk if I remember it right.It would be really cool though..it would have to hook via the savedata transfer function..

Illegal Machine

Hi Mediumguage

I have to say that Filer is one of my favorite apps... I update it every time a new release comes out...

But since I'm new here and I need to make posts so I don't look like a n00b.... here goes

I'd like to see the flash Memory Backup .IMG come back.... I really liked that, and it allowed me to restore my PSP in a Jiffy (especially if I kept Filer in a folder named RECOVERY)

anyway... I really liked that feature and thought it was really really useful.... I'm sure others ask for it to come back as well

thats my request... Now for my suggestions ;)

I'd like to see filer make use of the PSP's internal fonts...as in the PSP XMB font..

I'd also like to see it make use of the official On Screen Keyboard.. Not to say that your OSK is bad... I just would prefer to be familiar with one method of text input.. I know yours is almost identical... its just that I like it when coders hijack the Sony features... ( I love itactually)

I'd Love to see adhoc file transfer...(even tho I don't really know anyone else with a PSP... I think it would be really cool)

what would really really impress me (and a lot of other people as well) is if Filer could somehow be converted into a .prx and launched from the XMB

thanks in advance for reading this... these are my thoughts... thought Id share them

palyons

One feature I miss a lot in Filer is the ability to write to flash0 in kernel3. From what you have said and the information in the warning file, I know it is not easy to implement, and also saw that you had tried to write to it, but not really had a lot of success. But consider this:

There are a fairly decent number of theme flashers available for 3.XX+, and I'm pretty sure that at least a few of them should have the source code, right? Why not look look at the code they use and see if there's something there that you can make use of.

Even if you can't get the flash0 management to work, Filer is still one of my favorite apps. I use it on a somewhat-daily basis for when I need to move files around among other things too. Keep up the good work!