• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP GO, homebrew support?

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
hey all, i can't find much on google, cloeset thing is freeplay is working on an game save exploit, so is homebrew capable on the GO?, i haven't had a psp in a while so i figured it'd be nice to make some games on the GO if i'm able to?

Lachrymose

smokeMeth();
Nope, sorry. No exploits have been found on the Go, other than Freeplays in which is near impossible now (and it wasn't a kernel exploit anyways, more of a POC).

Oh also, it wasn't Freeplays, he just "leaked" it because he said it wasn't useful anyways because barely anyone could use it anyway.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
ah, thanks for the info, that sucks, well, i better not upgrade from 5.70 just incase

edit: also, what changed to make the exploit nearly impossible now?

Lachrymose

smokeMeth();
The game required to use the exploit was patched on the Playstation Store and then a firmware update happened. Something like that. So unless you bought the game and are below firmware 6.20, this useless exploit is even more useless, lol.

If I were you, I wouldn't wait around on firmware 5.7. If a new developing hack happens, it will most likely be on the latest firmware. Your call though.

Adiuvo

It needed a game on the PSN store which has since been removed.

Deathrow

It needed a game on the PSN store which has since been removed.

I think it was patched and then re added to the PSN store?
I could be wrong since I havent checked..

And a new exploit is coming for PSP GO owners....thank you Datel :D

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
inside info?, can we get an ETA on this new exploit, idc about details(unless it involves a game i should grab) other than that, an eta on this would be excellent

Hellcat

Contributor
I think it was patched and then re added to the PSN store?
I could be wrong since I havent checked..
Yes, Mercury wasn't removed, it was patched and reuploaded (replaced) in the store.
You can still get it for playing it (awesome game!) but it's now useless for exploitation.

inside info?, can we get an ETA on this new exploit, idc about details(unless it involves a game i should grab) other than that, an eta on this would be excellent
I wouldn't hold my hopes very high for this.
The chance of something being publically released are slim to nil - given something could be found at all, which also is only a small chance.

But who knows....

Its unsure if Datel will release anything more then a cheat device.
They will most likely not release anything like a "Datel Hombrew Enabler" or such thing....
Only hope is to exploit the AR:

NotDarkAlex

Team Typhoon has a 6.10 HEN, but aren't going to release it. Also their has been report of exploits on 6.20 but aren't sure if it's fake or legit. Most likely fake.

HacKmaN

#include
D!S, one look at the name'd have given you the answer xD
I know, he was named "Dark AleX" before, but now, he's "notDarkAlex" ;)
best regards,
HacKmaN

Biglake

HEN or eLoader that uses game savedata exploits would be only useful for those who had games before Sony makes move, for Sony will replace the game on PSN in a minute.

Homebrew won't be run in Go unless XMB Exploits are found or Kirk thing is re-engineered, and Hackers are willing to make one, I think.