• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP PSP Modding? Need some help...

Sullivan

I know there are a few guides out there, but I have taken apart this broken PSP that my friend wants me to fix.

I got the new faceplate, and I have run into some issues getting it all back together, I can elaborate and show my progress. But first I need to know if there is anyone here with any experience. I have done some mods to PSP's in the past, but nothing where I transfer everything from one face plate housing to another.

january39

eXo Staff
I have not done any mods (added leds etc) but i have stripped a few back to bare components, extracted Motherboard etc.

I could possibly help you, which parts are you changing?

Sullivan

Moving everything from one face plate and back plate to a new one. The thing is, its sorta of a cheaply made one, which is one isssue, but I am just having some issues with screwing down the frame that holds the screen in place.

january39

eXo Staff
Moving everything from one face plate and back plate to a new one. The thing is, its sorta of a cheaply made one, which is one isssue, but I am just having some issues with screwing down the frame that holds the screen in place.

Changing the DPad and Analogue from one faceplate to another is very easy, simply undo the screws you can see but when replacing the analogue make sure the Rubber strip is housed correctly into the Motherboard it is very small and a kinda see through plastic, Very small. If you lose it the analogue stick will not function.

The LCD housing is a little harder, from memory there are 5 screws that go in while the faceplate is off, and 2 silver ones that you screw in from where the battery goes in. People often think they are for undoing the faceplate when in fact they are not.

For note, fake faceplates rarely fit properly. Always spend the money on a genuine SCE one or buy a damaged psp of ebay and salvage the faceplate from it.