• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP [PSP] PSPGo questions

phoenixv5

Now, I'm thinking of getting a PSPGo, what with TN Hen and all.
So a few questions.

1) How good is it? (Should I get it? See the PSPs I have in my sig)
2) This question is specific, kinda, to Indians. If you recently bought a PSPGo, what OFW was preloaded? If below 6.20, when did you buy it? (I am referring to the PSPGo with the 10 games free, which started selling a few weeks ago, around my town!!)
3) Any news of a CFW/LCFW?
4) Which month was OFW 6.30 released? (So that I can check the manufacturing date)
5) How is the durability? (Will the buttons break or stop working or something?)
6) Anyone tried the downgrade method by Total_Noob on a PSPGo? It only goes down to 5.70 right?
7) How is the battery backup?

Hellcat

Contributor
1) very good
2) -not india here-
3) nope 6.20-TN HEN only so far, but IMO that's good enough and (except for a 6.35 HEN) all you need
4) -must pass this one-
5) nothing broke on mine so far, actually the GO makes a very well crafted impression
6) 6.00 actually, not 5.70 (need a dump of 5.70 and some more tidbits for that one) and no, not tried yet (me, that is, others might)
7) there is no spoon.... erhm, backup.

phoenixv5

3) & 4) were kinda important, so anyone who knows, please answer!
7) I meant the time! How long does it last??

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
7) I meant the time! How long does it last??

Battery life depends on usage. Setting the Go at maximum brightness will give you around 3 hours max while playing a game. At low brightness you'll get around 5 hours. That's assuming WiFi is disabled/off too.

phoenixv5

Sorry 'bout that. I meant 2 and 4.
So "This question is specific, kinda, to Indians. If you recently bought a PSPGo, what OFW was preloaded? If below 6.20, when did you buy it? (I am referring to the PSPGo with the 10 games free, which started selling a few weeks ago, around my town!!)"

phoenixv5

Okay, so despite the Sony Customer care, a few shops I know and the website from which I ordered it (PSPGo) all stated that the new PSPGo has system software version, A.K.A firmware was 6.35!!!
I have one question to them all, 'are you stupid or something?'(meant to use a stronger word, but probably against forum rules ;) ).....

So in a nutshell, I got a PSPGo, released on November, and the Firmware was 6.10. :D
Anyway, gonna try out TN Hen-B now.
And here's an odd thing I noticed.
I can't find the battery info! Is there such an option in PSPGo? EDIT: Doesn't work (found out from the most obvious way)
Also, can I get those 10 free games, without updating the OFW?
EDIT: Anothe question: Is it possible to use 6.30_m33 plugin with prometheus iso loader? If so how?

phoenixv5

Another Question!

An obvious question, that's asked quite a lot.
Should I update from 6.20 to 6.35?
In other words, is 6.35 Pro (or upcoming CFW PRO-A) better than 6.20 TN Hen-A/B (or upcoming C).

Hellcat

Contributor
No, the 6.35 HEN is WAAAAY worse than 6.20-TN

If the 6.20 FW in general is OK for you (i.e. no PSN and the such) then stay on 6.20.

phoenixv5

TN Hen-C is suppossed to have a PSN-Faker right?

Deathrow

TN Hen-C is suppossed to have a PSN-Faker right?

Chnage log so far:
Total_Noob said:
# The PSP 2000, 3000 and GO have more RAM than the PSP 1000 (50MB). But it was “blocked.” It is now available.
# Opportunity to enjoy the online games on a game offering infrastructure mode.
# Fixed a bug with Digital Comics.
# Fixed a bug with the VSH menu. Now when CPU Speed is set to default, the change will be effective

Yes, there was also a mentioning of access to PSN. I am not sure there was any other details than that. I think he might have talked to Vosman about it (the creator of PSNLover)

phoenixv5

Here's another question...
TN's version spoofer method can be used to fool the updater into thinking this is a lower FW and downgrade right?
So can the reverse work? Can I spoof into a higher version to PREVENT updates from running....

What I want, is to get the 10 free games into the PSP without updating from 6.20!!!

phoenixv5

Looking for the following homebrew (compatible with 6.20 TN-C PSPGo)...
1) eBook reader (pdf)
2) Comic book reader (cbr,cbz)
3) Picture viewer (the default one doesn't have sort in alphabetical order and that sucks)
4) Video player (avi,mkv)
5) (Not homebrew, for PC) PSP Video Convertor
Of course, I'm gonna look too!

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
An obvious question, that's asked quite a lot.
Should I update from 6.20 to 6.35?
In other words, is 6.35 Pro (or upcoming CFW PRO-A) better than 6.20 TN Hen-A/B (or upcoming C).

Since they're all amde by the same guy, I don't see why not

phoenixv5

Still looking for PSP Video convertor

phoenixv5

Try PSPVC.

Did, GREAT APP.
Thanks for info.
BTW I think I tried PSPVC some time ago, and it didn't work.
Now it did and the quality is awesome.

Moving on to next problem.
One of the videos I converted can cause a CRASH!!!

!OMG! VSH EXPLOIT? NOT :p
Just a crash so far!
If I mess around with the time interval and press some random keys that is.
Not predictable, but reproducible!
What am I supposed to do next?
Going to find out if it's just a crash or exploitable.
Anyone had such a video crash before (maybe I'm just over-reacting)!

Rubr1K

Ghettosmurf
zomg let us fill the memory card with hax and hopes, light the candle and pray for moar custom frimwaer.

no but in all seriousness, a crash doesn't mean anything. it means you messed up the vid, that's what it means.