• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP Screenshot Guide

J

jx233

This is a simple guide to get screenshots on your PSP. It was created because newer custom firmwares need new screenshot plugins, so I decided to make a guide for that new specific plugin.

This works in the XMB, homebrew, games, even in POPS mode. Follow the instructions below to get it to work in those modes.

Warning: *Unlike in Darkchild's Guide, this plugin cannot make GIF files, only BMP screenshots. This plugin is recommended PSP versions running on 4.01 M33-2 and higher, but it is compatible on most custom firmwares (3.02 OE-A to 5.00 M33-6). This plugin does not work on 3.71 M33. (-1 to -4)!

Download the screenshot plugin here.

Steps :

1. Un-zip the file you downloaded.

2. Enter your PSP into USB Mode.

3. Place the hud.prx and hud.lang into ms0:/seplugins (Noob Note: ms0 is MemoryStick root.) Afterwards, locate your vsh.txt, game.txt, pops.txt; if those files are not present use the ones from the file provided. If you do use the ones provided, you can skip most of Step 4.

4. Then open your vsh.txt , pops.txt, and game.txt in seplugins folder and write:

[BLOCKQUOTE2] ms0:/seplugins/hud.prx [/BLOCKQUOTE2]

Note: If you are on version 3.52 M33-4 and lower, you can add the same line to game150.txt.

If you are on 5.00 M33-2 and higher, then write:

[BLOCKQUOTE2] ms0:/seplugins/hud.prx 1[/BLOCKQUOTE2]

5. Save your vsh.txt, game.txt, and pops.txt. If on version 3.52 M33-4 or lower custom firmware, you can also save the game150.txt.

6. Exit USB mode.

5. Turn off or reboot your PSP, but hold "R' trigger to enter Recovery Menu; and enable the plugin. If you are on 5.00 M33-2 and higher, then you can skip this step.

6. Then power on your PSP.

7. Hold NOTE+R to disable the plugins GUI. (CPU speed, FPS, etc.)

8. Hold - NOTE+UP to take a screenshot. Screenshots will be saved to ms0:/PICTURE.

angelsniper45

ive tried hud when it first came out, it was very glitchy for me and kept freezing my psp

bohlendach

Thanks for the guide. It works almost perfectly.

My problem is that the plugin does not function during the installation of CFW 5.50 GEN-D3.

And I want to make screenshots like these:

5-50gen-d3-1_0901E0011000331381.jpg

5-50gen-d3-2_0901E0011000331380.jpg

5-50gen-d3-xgen-pandora_0901E0011000331388.jpg

Yes, I could use these images, but I do not want to.