• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Pulling Xbox Played Time...

U2NUMB

So while for years Microsoft forced devs to add this stat we are seeing it less and less as they no longer require any stats to be pulled.

There is nothing that can be done for those games. But I have noticed that even if a game tracks time played there are a number of ways this can be displayed on the stats page. And if that traditional time played is not the first stat box exophase does not pull it even if it is there just not at the first slot.

So lets take Crackdown 3.. it tracks time played but not at the first slot in the stats. I know other sites have access to all the stats so I assume Exophase does as well. Would it be possible to if someone noticed a game tracked time played but not in the first slot to let you know and have you pull that time?

Crackdown 3 (both clients) - seems like normal reporting just not in the first stat slot
The Elder Scrolls Online - Tracks as just "Hours Played"..
Nier - Tracks as stat called "Total Play Time"

So my question is .. can you look deeper into the API to pull the time played on these titles? I know there are a number of other ones but these are just the first 3 that popped into my mind.

Thanks for all you do!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
It appears they are storing it differently in the API as well, most games put it under "MinutesPlayed" but these use other identifiers like "numHoursPlayed", "TotalplayTime", etc...

So far I updated the scanner to handle it for these games. I expect others use the same identifiers so this should have fixed it for those as well. I might have to start logging all the stat properties to catch any other ones we are missing. Didn't realize some games were storing the hours played differently.

Last edited:

U2NUMB

It appears they are storing it differently in the API as well, most games put it under "MinutesPlayed" but these use other identifiers like "numHoursPlayed", "TotalplayTime", etc...

So far I updated the scanner to handle it for these games. I expect others use the same identifiers so this should have fixed it for those as well. I might have to start logging all the stat properties to catch any other ones we are missing. Didn't realize some games were storing the hours played differently.

Fantastic... I know for sure others have it listed differently. I will do what I can to dig them up. Thanks again!

Edit: Found a few more... crazy how similar but different some are.
Kingdom Hearts 3 is under "Play Time".
Lego Harry Potter Collection has it under "Total Time Played"
World of Final Fantasy Maxima also has it under "Play Time"
Crayola Scoot has it under "Time Played"
Divinity Original Sin 2 also has it under "Time Played"
Kingdom Come Deliverance has it under "Total playtime"
Armored Warefare has it under "Combat Time" (Another segment of games that call out race time or other stat which could be used if they dont have a total time played)

Last edited:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Updated now :) Thanks! Let me know if you come across any others.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
This is an odd one, but the Crash Bandicoot N Sane trilogy
There are 3 game times stats. (one for each game).

Just wondering if that one is possible?

Thanks

Yes, we can now track playtime for this game (combines the hours for all 3).

Last edited:

MarcusParsons

Hello.

I have just noticed my total xbox hours has suddenly jump from 698 last night to 744.

I have had a quick check and I have noticed some of my recently played xbox 360 has had some time added to them.

Is this a recently added feature? If so thanks I like it.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hello.

I have just noticed my total xbox hours has suddenly jump from 698 last night to 744.

I have had a quick check and I have noticed some of my recently played xbox 360 has had some time added to them.

Is this a recently added feature? If so thanks I like it.

Yeah, I found that it is possible to pull the hours played for a lot of the Xbox 360 backwards compatibility titles.

You might see the total count drop a bit later today as there were some duplicate entries in the DB for these, that I am in the process of cleaning up, but now the hours are properly shown under the 360 listing.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Thanks! I have just updated the scanner to track playtime on that one too.

U2NUMB

* Seems this is already pulling from Uplay so we should be good.

New one to add that just came out. Assassins Creed 3 Remastered. Now it may have a UPlay time played and if so that will be fine. If not the game does display time played via Xbox stats BUT... it breaks it out into the 2 games that are included. Below is a screenshot of the stats and you can see how they are reporting. But again if Uplay tracks time played that should capture it correct? They might also break out the time played into the 2 games.. So if you use the Xbox stats can you combine 2 stats into one time played?

ac3.png

Last edited:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Yeah I was able to update the Xbox scanner to handle games with multiple time played stats, so Assassin's Creed 3 Remastered is supported now.

Also in regards to Uplay itself, this game doesn't seem to have any issues with tracking the time on PC. Not sure why the stat is still broken on The Division 2 PC :/