• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Putting together a team, anyone interested?

amrcidiot

MFM Survivor
Hey guys, if anyone has seen my PSPlay application for the PSP, they can see it needs improvement.
Also, you can probably tell that I'm not too gifted in the graphics department.
So I was wondering if anybody would like to work on improving it with me?
I need better graphics, some code clean-up (I'd like to start actually coding it in something other than lua), and much better sound compression.

This is just something to do on the side, so it's not hugely important to get it done any time soon, but I WOULD like to get it done at some point.

Help would be greatly appreciated and we could have a cool team name :D

Let me know if you're interested!

Thanks

Dan

Contributor
Sure, maybe in the Easter holidays though.

I've realised I need to buckle down.

Roe

What kind of improvements does it need? I wouldn't mind helping writing it from scratch in C++. I made something like this a while back but stopped due to lack of good sounds.

amrcidiot

MFM Survivor
What kind of improvements does it need? I wouldn't mind helping writing it from scratch in C++. I made something like this a while back but stopped due to lack of good sounds.

Just basic, overall improvements.
I need to set up an environment on my computer for C++, but if you'd like to try it out for a little while while I get that all sorted out, you're more than welcome to.
Basically, I'm going to re-record my instruments over the next few months and I'd like to see if there's a way to change the way the guitars sound by adding distortion and other effects(I don't know much about C++, so I imagine this is going to take a while to figure out).

I started working on a new menu about an hour or so ago (using a picture I took at a Blink-182 concert).
MenuConcept.png

I just got photoshop installed, so I expect the graphics to start to improving soon. I need to take some new pictures of my guitars and things like that.

If you wanna take a look at the source code of the program (it's in lua, but it's pretty easy to figure out what's what), you can go here.

And Dan, we got time to do this, so buckle away. Haha. I'm not taking as many credits in college (or Uni) as I was last semester, so I have a lot of free time.

amrcidiot

MFM Survivor
I'm working on the menu right now.
I've yet to get the selector "star" to show up (I'm in class right now, and I don't even have my psp with me).
Here's a little screenie:
Screenshot2010-02-09at25356PM.png

Dan

Contributor
We shall be known as Team Blink.

I'll be willing to record the sounds and do a view from the neck down, or whatever.

Is the menu eventually going to be transparent?