• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

QUERY: Addon kernel 1.50 for DC7,8?

andwan0

I remember from 3.71 M33 onwards, Dark Alex gave us addon for kernel 1.50 (different new releases for each 3.71, 3.80, 3.90, etc).

Then I heard & read about DC5, 7, 8 guides/tutorials. There's no mention about needing to install the 1.50 kernel addon. Is it because of Hellcat's installs 1.50... or is that something completely different? Do we still need this 1.50 kernel addon if we want to run 1.50 homebrew (emulators, etc.)?

PS: anyone know a nice index/log/history of all the DCs and what they install? As far as I remember:

DC5 installs 3.90 M33-3
DC7 installs 4.01 M33-2
DC8 installs 5.00 M33-4

Just useful to know... so know what additional patches needed eg. for 5.00 M33-6. Was there a DC1,2,3,4,6? I can't find...

angelsniper45

Alex

yeah i think so :)

ive kept that link secret for ages. i found it on google last year or so

angelsniper45

yeah i think so :)

ive kept that link secret for ages. i found it on google last year or so

awsome. lol seems like he removed the 5.00m33 links though :sad:

andwan0

http://exophase.com/dax/ is cool, it's just a mirror of Dark Alex's really old webpage (since he's changed it now, etc.)... but it's good to keep mirror of old versions.

Back to my REAL big question..... where can we get the 1.50 kernel addon for 5.00? I downloaded one from a forum thread... and compared it to 4.00 kernel addon and it was binary the same... but it didn't work!