• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

360 Question about the 360

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
So here's the deal.

A friend of mine brought me here two xboxes:

Xbox 1 - Damaged DVD-Drive.

Xbox 2 - Unknown damage at this time.

I'm going to put the DVD drive from Xbox 2 into Xbox 1 and give it back to him. The Xbox 2 is mine to keep.

Are Xbox parts (mainly DVD drive) cheap? I just might get myself an awesome deal with this.

Adiuvo

They aren't expensive. Around $25-$35.

Go for it. I still want a 360 and I probably have to wait until Christmas to get one, since I have no cash on hand at all =/

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
They are both old xboxes... So it seems to be the case that I need the keys right? Is the process simpler for old xboxes? New ones are a pain...

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
You need to spoof drive 2 into Xbox 1. Look up guides on spoofing dvd drives, it not that hard assuming you have the proper equipment (Onboad SATA that is compatible or a SATA card).

Sata equipped here ;)

Could you link me to a guide?

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
One of the #1 just RROD'd on me... Out of the blue too... =\

I'll give the #2 fixed to the guy and keep the RROD'd one... But fixing it is kinda expensive

Lachrymose

smokeMeth();
I can usually fix RROD for about $8. All I use is thermal compound and screws. I forget what kind of screws but there are some great guides out there.

One that I fixed lasted 2 months then died again.
The other lasted about 5 then I bricked the drive, haha.

twelve

I'm not dead
Its slightly different from any other drive. Have you ever modded a 360? Its kind of similar.

Search around for the one that suites you. Most of the tutorials are on a warez site I can't link to.
There are plenty of guides not on warez sites.

Releases, Tuturial And Guides *UPDATED* - Scenyx Entertainment Community

360Mods News
I can usually fix RROD for about $8. All I use is thermal compound and screws. I forget what kind of screws but there are some great guides out there.

One that I fixed lasted 2 months then died again.
The other lasted about 5 then I bricked the drive, haha.
You can get sets on ebay containing all screws/washers needed specifically for fixing the RROD. I think they are M8 screws but can't remember for certain.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Okay so I one of the xboxes I have here has a damages DVD-ROM drive, and I can't get it's serial by connectinjg it to the PC.

Is there any other way of getting the serial? Or maybe fake the serial?

Robby

Los Doyers!
Nope, you need the serial or else you can't spoof the other drive.

It is not hard to get it either, connect drive to computer via sata, have drive open half way and in jungle flasher just read it.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Nope, you need the serial or else you can't spoof the other drive.

It is not hard to get it either, connect drive to computer via sata, have drive open half way and in jungle flasher just read it.

I know the process... It just won't give me the serial xD It's like there's none o.o

Robby

Los Doyers!
The drive could have been disconnected when it was being written on before... maybe thats why it was broken.