• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

R4 SDHC Problem with save data

NFB

Ok, I bought my R4 SDHC card and put the Megaman Starforce 3 Red Joker on it, ran it for a good while, save went well and registered every time I would turn it on. However, I just recently slipped in a copy of Pokemon Platinum with its alredy made save file in RAW format which worked fine here but when I opened Pokemon on the DS I play and saved and went fine and still is going fine, but the Megaman game lost all its save data, or more like, it got reset somehow.

It always happens when I open the pokemon game, otherwise the megaman save goes fine. They were without directories before, so I tried with directories and seperated them to see if it would work but it didn't, I made a new file on megaman and then resetted and ran pokemon and when I checked megaman after another reset it still lost its save data, I've ran searching everywhere but nothing to seems to pop up regarding this problem.

I'd appreciate your help guys thanks.

Info:
Running R4 SDHC with 4 GB Sandisk card
Original NDS
Both rom copies are clean
Does not happen the other way around, pokemon does not get erased
Using latest firmware v1.25 english

Darkchild

The Doctor
you are in windows correct?
if so, go to "START" > "RUN" and type > "cmd" (Press enter)
Now, type:

chkdsk /f /x X:

where X: is the letter of the drive your microSD card is in

this will check your microSD for corrupted files :)

also, when you can, format the microsd (After backing up all files ofc) by using the following command on cmd:

format x: /Q /A:64k /FS:FAT

(Again, where X: the letter of the drive where your microSD is at)

OR use THIS

hope it helps

NFB

you are in windows correct?
if so, go to "START" > "RUN" and type > "cmd" (Press enter)
Now, type:

chkdsk /f /x X:

where X: is the letter of the drive your microSD card is in

this will check your microSD for corrupted files :)

also, when you can, format the microsd (After backing up all files ofc) by using the following command on cmd:

format x: /Q /A:64k /FS:FAT

(Again, where X: the letter of the drive where your microSD is at)

OR use THIS

hope it helps

Thanks a lot, this solved my problem, there were no corrupt files. But reformatting in quick mode to FAT and not FAT 32 plus unzipping the software directly into the SD card worked. After that I put the games with their save files in and their both working like a charm now, many people have had this problem and no solutions have been posted till now, I think this deserves a sticky or an add to the FAQ. Thanks again :wink:

Darkchild

The Doctor
Thanks a lot, this solved my problem, there were no corrupt files. But reformatting in quick mode to FAT and not FAT 32 plus unzipping the software directly into the SD card worked. After that I put the games with their save files in and their both working like a charm now, many people have had this problem and no solutions have been posted till now, I think this deserves a sticky or an add to the FAQ. Thanks again :wink:

it was a pleasure helping out man ;)

and thanks for the sugestion, I already added this to the Noobie Faqs :)