• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi RAGE

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
So I was watching Sunday Night Football and caught a commercial for RAGE last night; another game release that caught me by surprised. It looked really good on TV.

I'll probably pick it up at some point over the next few weeks for the 360, but won't be getting it tomorrow at launch. So who's picking it up and on what platform?

Sinfulfate

I'm thinking about picking it up for 360 but I'll probably wait for reviews. I have a $20 credit from amazon from buying Gears 3 from them but not sure what game to get next. Thinking Either Rage, BF 3, Ico Collection or wait for Skyrim or UMvC 3.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Doing a review on eXo, though Bethesda isn't sending out early copies of the PC release so it won't be up day one.

I'm really pumped for this, id has never been one to disappoint. It's been so long since their last game (Doom 3).

Seth

MD Party Room
I liked the get this on ps3 since the game is only going to be on one disk and a 18 gb install is like nothing to my 500gb HDD however Im sure no one on my ps3 friend list is going to get it thus makeing co op and muti player pointless so im forced to get it on 360 and play with a 3 disk install... I just hope I can install all 3 and use one disk like some past game.... Plus im been told the 360 will have a better framerate and such. Too bad I got a few test to take and study for to keep my playing this game untill I get some freetime...

Adiuvo

I'm curious about the length, as it's either this or Battlefield 3. So far I'm leaning towards RAGE.

TeamOverload

Around 10-12 hours on average I've read, plus there's a bunch of side quests and races and other stuff to do. Reviews have been fairly good from what I've seen around, only really negative one so far has been over at Joystiq.

Seth

MD Party Room
So the rewiews are pretty mixed atm..

Ign, gamespot and EGM gave some pretty high scores of 8.5, 8.0 and a 9.5. While a few blogs Ars and Joystick felt it was boring and bland...

TeamOverload

So the rewiews are pretty mixed atm..

Ign, gamespot and EGM gave some pretty high scores of 8.5, 8.0 and a 9.5. While a few blogs Ars and Joystick felt it was boring and bland...

9.0 from Gametrailers and 8.9 from x360a. I have it pre-ordered from Amazon so I'll give my impressions whenever I get a chance to sink sometime in it. Probably won't be until Wednesday however.

Seth

MD Party Room
Got some pretty positive review from CAG and g4 so looks like I made a good call pre ordering the game

Trade in value is pretty week tho day one and it down to 30 bucks

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Not having a good experience with the PC version so far. Launching it on Steam results in an instant crash :/ Validating cache files to see if that fixes it...

EDIT: New AMD drivers just went up: http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/GPU121AMDCatRagePerfDriver.aspx

Going to install these as well.

EDIT: Drivers seemed to have fixed the problems.

EDIT: About an hour in and so far I'm really enjoying it. It feels a little dated game-design wise, I was expecting something deeper based on the trailers released. I haven't found myself caring about the story. The atmosphere, however, is excellent. The environments give a real sense of scale. The gunplay is also top-notch, as expected from id.

Joey

Just booted the game up, and the game is gorgous on my PC, and it's definitely running at 60+fps, but the texture pop-in is unbearable. Has Nvidia released a driver update for this game, or is this just how the game is supposed to run? Because it's super noticeable, even when just moving regularly.

I'm on the latest WHQL drivers, btw.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Just booted the game up, and the game is gorgous on my PC, and it's definitely running at 60+fps, but the texture pop-in is unbearable. Has Nvidia released a driver update for this game, or is this just how the game is supposed to run? Because it's super noticeable, even when just moving regularly.

I'm on the latest WHQL drivers, btw.

I'm not seeing any texture pop-in after the newest AMD driver update, but here's something you can try:

Create file called rageconfig.cfg in the rage/base folder with the following contents:

vt_pageimagesizeuniquediffuseonly2 8192
vt_pageimagesizeuniquediffuseonly 8192
vt_pageimagesizeunique 8192
vt_pageimagesizevmtr 8192
vt_maxaniso 4
vt_restart
image_anisotropy 4

Save and restart game.

This allows for more texture data to be loaded into VRAM, so it's not streaming off the HDD as often. The only drawback is initial area loads might be a bit longer.

TeamOverload

Having a blast with this so far on my 360. Game looks very nice and runs smooth as can be with it installed on hard drive. Even though all the reviews say the game is rather short, I've managed to have fun doing a bunch of side quests off the job board, and doing races and delivery missions since I want to do them all while I can, as I hear once you get to the second disk, you can't even access Wellspring? That's kind of disappointing. Also, does anyone know how to access the Wasteland Sewer missions? Don't want to miss out on those.

Seth

MD Party Room
So I beat the game today I really enjoyed the game there a few minor grips that I do like to address

First my save game file said I spent about 14 hours in the game so I feel this is a little more then a rental, this is without the countless times I died and had to start the level over or the time I spent mastering the 5 finger game or the card game and other mini games overall I say there a really good sold 20-25 hours of gameplay here with the co op and side mission and that without the multiplier.

The ending was really really bad however I do believe DLC can fix this, however everything building up to the last level was pretty much enjoyable Also I love the those little pig things I wish they where more threw-out the game.

The Backtracking in the game is horrible I found myself getting lost countless times cus I could not find a way out and your hometown is a horrible mess it takes me ages to find the place to find bullets or find the mayor office however once you spend about 30 mins in the town you get a little used to it.

The smash tv clone was really fun I wish they could have made some online co op in this game.

The game has a wonderful place to it, I almost never felt bored or felt like I had to grind in this game to get to the fun mission.

Also raceing was fun however it does it boring.

Over all I really enjoyed the whole game if you find it on sale in the 30 -40 range it a must buy!!!

---------- Post added at 05:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

Also I never got to the co op so if someone wants to play with me hit me up.