• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Ranks by geography

KGBc00L

It would be nice to see ranks by geography. Like, having global, region, country etc.
I see some trackers do this.
Maybe location can be set on the profile page with suggested values based on IP address.

Somfing

Also it would be nice if the prices for a premium account varied depending on the region. Or just add more options to choose. For example, for $6 advertising is disabled, for $9 ads + fast sync, for $12 a full package of privileges. I think then there will be more support for the site.

RobotWillie1990

The first game I ever bought on Steam, Audiosurf,had that on its leaderboards and I go back to it every now and then still. It would show you the Global top 10 leaders in each category on that song and then it would have a tab that allowed you to see the local leaderboard, for me it knew I lived in Washington state here in the US so it showed the Washington local leaderboard. I don't know how it worked other places, like if you were in Canada I don't know if it just showed Canada as a whole or if it showed the province you were in. I am guessing it went by IP. So I have seen a similiar idea being used already I don't see why it couldn't be on here, unless theres something more complicated about implementing it than seems on the surface.

Last edited: