• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Rate my STUFF, the thread!

Seth

MD Party Room
Where the hell did you get 1500 grand to blow on headphones?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Where the hell did you get 1500 grand to blow on headphones?

Got them for $1k - used but in mint condition with warranty intact. Normally they go for around $1.2k secondhand... I couldn't pass them up at that price. I sold a lot of stuff I had lying around the house but no longer used to offset the cost, including my old HD650s - so I paid about $400 out of pocket.

The nice thing about high-end headphones is that they retain their value, I only took a $50 loss on the HD650s after owning them for almost 3 years.

Seth

MD Party Room
Yea 1 k sounds like a great price for those. Just for pure braggin rights glad, I dont have the ear for headphones otherwise I be way broker then I am now. People already look at me like im crazy for spending the 300 on beats. I cant image the looks I get for having those. Do they even make a mp3 player that can match the sound of the headphones? Last I hear it was the p3 or something.

Also any plans on upgradeing to the Grado PS1000 lol

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Yea 1 k sounds like a great price for those. Just for pure braggin rights glad, I dont have the ear for headphones otherwise I be way broker then I am now. People already look at me like im crazy for spending the 300 on beats. I cant image the looks I get for having those. Do they even make a mp3 player that can match the sound of the headphones? Last I hear it was the p3 or something.

Also any plans on upgradeing to the Grado PS1000 lol

Yeah I don't advertise what I spent on these... lol. I would bet a lot of people don't even know headphones above $1k exist. These sound fine out of an MP3 player if the files are high quality like V0 or 320kbps but won't get that loud with most players, due to high impedance. You really need a dedicated amp.

Nah, not a big fan of the Grado's - from what I hear they are mostly suited for rock and aren't that comfortable. The HD800 is great with all kinds of music - from classical to rap. Also the soundstage (positioning of instruments) is the best I've heard on a headphone, has the same kind of imaging you'd get from high end speakers.

If I won the lotto I'd get a pair of Stax 009, electrostat headphones that cost like $5k. But from reviews I've read, the HD800 even compare very favorably to those.

DarkPhoenix

Old thread but let's bring it back to life. :) These are my two purchases. Can't wait until they are delivered.

Attachments

• images-13.jpeg
    images-13.jpeg
    10 KB · Views: 14
  • images-15.jpeg
    images-15.jpeg
    9.9 KB · Views: 12

SihayatheFremen

Noooo dont open the box it wont be the same0_0......unless you intened to play with it ;-P
Yeah I don't have that kind of self control. I open all my figures and put them up on a shelf or whatnot. I can't stand to just leave them in a box forever. I have no plans of selling them so the value thing doesn't really matter to me.

Gamer Steve

Yeah I don't have that kind of self control. I open all my figures and put them up on a shelf or whatnot. I can't stand to just leave them in a box forever. I have no plans of selling them so the value thing doesn't really matter to me.
i guess that make perfect sense if you have no intention of selling them, hey everyone to their own if thats what makes you happy. i have always been a box guy lol (thats sounds so dumb) what i mean is i like collecting videogames so i like to have the case, cd(of course) and the booklet with its original box art when i buy a game i hate not having all the peices....(as if game now and days have books lol).

SihayatheFremen

i guess that make perfect sense if you have no intention of selling them, hey everyone to their own if thats what makes you happy. i have always been a box guy lol (thats sounds so dumb) what i mean is i like collecting videogames so i like to have the case, cd(of course) and the booklet with its original box art when i buy a game i hate not having all the peices....(as if game now and days have books lol).
Well games and figures aren't the same thing. I like for my games to be complete, in their case with their manuals. Hate when the only copy they have at Gamestop is in a Gamestop box. But its not like I have the boxes for any of my games from the N64 era and back, either.
I think at the moment the only figures I haven't opened are that new Link and a Tyrion I got a few months back and that's only because I haven't figured out where I'm going to put them, I'm out of space pretty much everywhere at this point.
I know most people keep their figures in the box in pristine condition but, that just isn't me. Guess I'm not a very good collector.

Attachments

• 1185391_727593977284718_1325896347_n.jpg
    1185391_727593977284718_1325896347_n.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 9

Gamer Steve

Well games and figures aren't the same thing. I like for my games to be complete, in their case with their manuals. Hate when the only copy they have at Gamestop is in a Gamestop box. But its not like I have the boxes for any of my games from the N64 era and back, either.
I think at the moment the only figures I haven't opened are that new Link and a Tyrion I got a few months back and that's only because I haven't figured out where I'm going to put them, I'm out of space pretty much everywhere at this point.
I know most people keep their figures in the box in pristine condition but, that just isn't me. Guess I'm not a very good collector.
hey having figure in a box or not in a box doesnt determine if you are a good collector. If you have some great figures and a bunch of awesome one then in my book your a good collector...

Gamer Steve

Thank you. :) They are being shipped so it's going to be a long wait. As soon as I get them, I will post pics :D
thats the worst is actually waiting for the items to get to your address...and whats worse is if the delivery guys leave it outside at the front door 0_0 thats why i awlays prefer signing for deliveries

DarkPhoenix

Ikr. I ordered a new mobile last year which got left at my door, For some reason my old neighbor took it upon himself to take it. All I can say is thank god for cctv.